Pulse

Discuss DVDs and Blu-rays released from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

swo17

Re: Pulse

#51 Post by swo17 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 am

I might feel worse about getting such a low price if Amazon hadn't just added hidden taxes to a couple of digital orders I placed yesterday.

dwk

#52 Post by dwk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Bah, Amazon cancelled my $16 pre-order on this.

kekid

#53 Post by kekid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:07 pm

dwk wrote:Bah, Amazon cancelled my $16 pre-order on this.
Same with me, while their site continues to say the item is in stock.

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#54 Post by Michael Kerpan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 pm

I received this (at the price of 12.49 pounds) -- but haven't gotten around to seeing it due to the Vietnam War...

Morbii

#55 Post by Morbii » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:06 pm

It’s because it’s being sold by a third party only now, and no longer amazon. A complaint is likely to get you nowhere, unfortunately.

I do wonder if they sold so many that the loss was no longer acceptable and they’ve decided to no longer stock it after waiting to see what would happen (ie to look for mass cancellations) if they just were really slow getting them.

eastguy

#56 Post by eastguy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Currently back in stock & sold by Amazon. I contacted them because of there being only a few days between my order getting cancelled, due to lack of availability, and it being restocked. The reply was prompt, and I was able to reorder and get the difference refunded, honoring the $16 purchase price.

Might be worth giving it a shot.

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#57 Post by Michael Kerpan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 am

Finally got around to watching the new Blu-Ray -- which looks markedly better than the old DVD. Still just as chilling and unnerving as when first viewed. If only someone would rescue Charisma...
SpoilerShow
Does anyone see the heroine as being a potential plague carrier (given her possibly accompanying ghost-turned companion)? Or do you think he simply passed completely out of existence?
I still don't understand why Kairo was called "Pulse" in English rather than "Open Circuit" - which is not only correct but (to me) more evocative.