Island of Death

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

MichaelB

Island of Death

#1 Post by MichaelB » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:17 pm

THE LUCKY ONES GOT THEIR BRAINS BLOWN OUT!!

Welcome to Mykonos, the holiday destination of choice for sun, sea and slaughter! From cult director Nico Mastorakis, Island of Death is a travelogue of atrocities with scenes so strong that the British Government was once compelled to ban it as a “video nasty”.

Arriving on the idyllic Greek island, Christopher and Celia appear to be every inch the perfect, handsome young couple. Little do the welcoming locals realise that they are in fact a pair of murderous degenerates, determined to spread their own particular brand of perversion across the island. DIY crucifixions, opportunistic bestiality, sexual peeing and murder by all conceivable forms ensue – including death by makeshift blowtorch, samurai sword, dump truck and more!

Shocking, brutal and totally politically incorrect in its outlook, Island of Death is a gruelling cinematic experience devised by director Mastorakis to out-do the excesses of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, which he was hugely inspired by. Now fully uncut and newly-restored from the original negative, fans can enjoy Island of Death in all its sleazy, lurid glory.

Special Features:
Brand new restoration from the original negative
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Brand new interview with director Nico Mastorakis
The Films of Nico Mastorakis – the director hosts this documentary covering his varied career in cinema, including a look at Island of Death
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Region: Free
Rating: 18
Duration: 108 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: Mono
Colour
Discs: 2
Cat No: FCD1106
Barcode: 5027035012742
UK
RRP: £24.99
Release Date: 25 May 2015
USA
MSRP: $39.95
Release Date: 26 May 2015

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Island of Death

#2 Post by tenia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Seems to be missing quite a chunk of the extras for the Arrow DVD, no ?

Koukol

#3 Post by Koukol » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 pm

"Shocking, brutal and totally politically incorrect in its outlook, Island of Death is a gruelling cinematic experience devised by director Mastorakis to out-do the excesses of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, which he was hugely inspired by. Now fully uncut and newly-restored from the original negative, fans can enjoy Island of Death in all its sleazy, lurid glory."
Don't get me wrong...I'm glad someone is giving this film respect but I didn't find it shocking in the least.
The fact that I saw it about two years ago and remember very little about it says it all.

manicsounds

#4 Post by manicsounds » Thu May 07, 2015 10:24 am

tenia wrote:Seems to be missing quite a chunk of the extras for the Arrow DVD, no ?
DVDBeaver review

And as discussed on the "Pit Stop" thread, seems obvious why the Calem Waddell produced audio commentary has been left off the blu-ray, but replaced with some nice lengthy extras including a 2.5 hour documentary.