Bae Doo-na on TV

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

Bae Doo-na on TV

#1 Post by Michael Kerpan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Bae Doo-na on TV

Although I don't watch American TV series -- I do watch Korean ones, at least ones that star BAE Doo-na. While I have never tracked down adequate subbed versions of her earlier shows (like Country Princess, which also features the twins from "Take Care of My Cat"), I have seen her most recent ones.

The better of the two I've seen is "Beating Hearts" (Six Love Stories) -- which is actually 6 full-length TV movies involving the same family, each film written and directed by a different team. While not all of the 6 films are equally successful -- alll are good and some are very good.

Bae's next series "Someday" drew on her involvement in "Linda Linda Linda" -- in this, she played a Korean-Japanese making her first visit to Korea. While some parts of this romantic drama were a bit hokey, the overall level (including cinematography) was quite decent.

We just got a copy of Bae's latest series today -- "How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor" -- 20 episodes, 70 minutes a piece. Based on the first episode, this looks like it will not be dramatically (or cinematically) as good as the two previous series. On the other hand, Bae will be at or near center stage for almost all the 23+ hours of the series.