Monty Python's Flying Circus

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Quot

Monty Python's Flying Circus

#1 Post by Quot » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:07 pm

:(

This is devastating to read about. My heart goes out to Terry's family. I really hope things work for the best.
Michael Palin wrote:Terry J has been my close friend and workmate for over fifty years. The progress of his dementia has been painful to watch and the news announced yesterday that he has a type of aphasia which is gradually depriving him of the ability to speak is about the cruellest thing that could befall someone to whom words, ideas, arguments, jokes and stories were once the stuff of life. Not that Terry is out of circulation. He spends time with his family and only two days ago I met up with him for one of our regular meals at his local pub. Howard Johnson, an American friend of Python, was in town and took this picture. Terry doesn’t say very much but he smiles, laughs, recognises and responds, and I’m always pleased to see him. Long may that last.

StevenJ0001

Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus

#2 Post by StevenJ0001 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Utterly heartbreaking.

Randall Maysin

#3 Post by Randall Maysin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:00 pm

I'm in tears, he's my favorite of the bunch.

Roger Ryan

#4 Post by Roger Ryan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:43 am

The same day that Jones' condition was made public, it was announced that Python-associate Terence Bayler had passed away last month. He had a memorable small part in Life of Brian, but I'll always remember him as Rutles' manager "Leggy Mountbatten" in Eric Idle's All You Need Is Cash.

Jones' condition makes that final set of Python live performances in London two years ago all the more poignant.

beamish13

#5 Post by beamish13 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:44 pm

I remember reading that Jones, Palin and Gilliam all live within walking distance of each other, so at least he has a great support network to help him.

Quot

#6 Post by Quot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:57 pm