Fuller House

Discuss TV shows old and new.
sir_luke

Fuller House

#1 Post by sir_luke » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Looks like that Full House reboot (entitled, of course, Fuller House) really is coming to Netflix albeit in 2016

ianungstad

Re: Netflix Originals

#2 Post by ianungstad » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 pm

It was also revealed today that netflix is reviving family sitcom Full House in a new series called Fuller House. Sad.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#4 Post by cdnchris » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:16 pm

They should just ask Elizabeth Olsen to be in it because, as they point out, they only need one.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#5 Post by domino harvey » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Would still be a better part than she had in Godzilla

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#6 Post by swo17 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:48 pm

cdnchris wrote:they only need one
Could be interesting to have two Michelle Tanners simultaneously living alternate realities, but something tells me this isn't going to be that kind of a show.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#7 Post by domino harvey » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Fuller House is total 90s nostalgia-baiting Velveeta, just as it should be. Also how did Jodie Sweetin turn around from a meth habit to looking this stunningly attractive? That rehab must've been run by magicians

ianungstad

#8 Post by ianungstad » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Fuller House is total garbage...in the ordering pizza while drunk at 2am kind of way. It's total comfort food at the time but you'll feel like shit for indulging in it the next day. Not a good show. Is it soooo bad it's kind of good? I guess. Nostalgia seems to shut down my better judgment.

I have two nieces (8 and 7) who have been binge watching the original series since it first popped up on Netflix. Since I babysit them 3 days a week; I'm far too immersed in this Full House revival than I wish to be.

Swift

#9 Post by Swift » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:40 am

ianungstad wrote:I have two nieces (8 and 7) who have been binge watching the original series since it first popped up on Netflix. Since I babysit them 3 days a week; I'm far too immersed in this Full House revival than I wish to be.
Weirdly, a guy on another message board I frequent has mentioned that his 11 year old daughter and all her friends also binge watched the original series, and were awake at the crack of dawn to watch the new series when it appeared over the weekend. Not knowing too many kids in this age group myself, is this a trend?

MongooseCmr

Re: Fuller House

#10 Post by MongooseCmr » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Full House is eternally popular among preteen girls. When my sister was that age it's all she would watch that wasn't a Disney/Nick series

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#11 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Biggest no-brainer of all time considering how much attention this garnered, but renewed for Season Two

guidedbyvoices

#12 Post by guidedbyvoices » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Cameron Swift wrote:
ianungstad wrote:I have two nieces (8 and 7) who have been binge watching the original series since it first popped up on Netflix. Since I babysit them 3 days a week; I'm far too immersed in this Full House revival than I wish to be.
Weirdly, a guy on another message board I frequent has mentioned that his 11 year old daughter and all her friends also binge watched the original series, and were awake at the crack of dawn to watch the new series when it appeared over the weekend. Not knowing too many kids in this age group myself, is this a trend?
My 11 year olds been cracked out on full house the last year and flew through the new series. Watching the old ones again with her, good lord they were terrible shows, but I guess I'd rather have her watching that for now than Dog with a Blog.

Gregory

#13 Post by Gregory » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Punishment-glutton reviews of each episode will be posted soon on the above-linked blog.

Luke M

#14 Post by Luke M » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:31 pm

The biggest takeaway I have from watching a few episodes is wondering how we were all OK with laugh tracks?

ianungstad

#15 Post by ianungstad » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:50 pm

I'm just surprised they didn't land a corporate sponsor for all the tequila they are constantly drinking.