Rick and Morty

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Lemmy Caution

Re: Rick and Morty

#151 Post by Lemmy Caution » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:44 pm

Thanks for the advice. I couldn't access that site with my VPN. And without it, I could get to that site but couldn't get links to work. Meanwhile, my anti-virus software was highly suspicious of that site.

But it caused me to realize that my old music file swap site might have R&M. And indeed all the episodes are there for the taking. And since they are actually free on [adult swim] -- and I can access S1-4 & 6 -- interpol won't be knocking down my door.

Lemmy Caution

#152 Post by Lemmy Caution » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Watched two S5 episodes.
S501 with an annoying and contrived Mr. Nimbus character.
There's a bunch of Jessica stuff which isn't interesting or believable.
The only saving element is the dimension where Rick stashes wine to age quickly to make it more special for Nimbus. That's a bit of a clumsy contrivance in itself but leads to a whole clan intent on assassinating Morty (like Nimbus is supposed to be Rick's nemesis, Morty is theirs). Their belief in this fantastical evil Morty waxes and wanes over the generations, while a largely oblivious Morty returns for wine at what is for them great intervals of decades. But maybe 5 or 10 minutes for Morty. That good plotline even becomes overly frantic, but saves the episode from being awful. I like when things start small and spiral out of hand in R&M, such as robot dogs taking over the world early in S1.

0508 Rickternal Friendshine of the Spotless Mort
This is kind of a mess. Too frantic and rapidly shifting for my taste.
Seemed to me the BirdPerson and Tammy characters were played out, and I wasn't interested in their fate or following the rapid fire plot twists.
The younger memory Rick who teams up with Rick and BirdPerson had potential.
A decent storyline, and connecting back to earlier episodes and some Rick adventures we'd only heard about. But I didn't like the pace and wasn't engaged.

Lemmy Caution

#153 Post by Lemmy Caution » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:20 am

0503 A Rickconvenient Mort
Awful. Morty falls for Planetina. This should have been scrapped as a poor idea.
Nothing good here.

Watched most of S5, and found very little to like or engage with. Lot of tiresome action and frenetic pace and juvenile ideas. I'm likely not part of the target audience for most of this.

The Thanksgiving episode with Obama is tolerable in places. The clone/decoy family episode has a decent premise, but stays pretty one note. Sure, it's weird and disturbing to see the Smith family killed numerous times, but that's really the entire episode.

Can't blame folks if they didn't make it to S6. Though I'd rec the Vat of Acid episode.

Kracker

#154 Post by Kracker » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:54 pm

Trailer for Season 7 featuring the replacement voices for Justin Roiland

The new voices aren't quite as rough as Justin's but are still pretty much spot-on. The identity of the new talent is being kept under wraps until the premiere but we do know they did have to have a new voice actor for each titular character.

The new Solar Opposites season also premiered this past summer and watching I realized how annoying it was having Justin's Rick sound-alike voice on the show. Dan Stevens is a much welcome and wise replacement.