It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107
 Post subject: Re: Blu-ray, in General
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:05 pm 

I believe it's supposed to be 80 dB.

Post subject: Re: Blu-ray, in General
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 pm 

(If needed, please transfer this in the Infighting section. I considered posting there straight away, but I can't create a new thread there).

In the very recent past, I found myself stuck trying to explain a technical limitation perceived on a BD release to various French independent label. The points tackled ranged from degraining movies and wrongly encoding them in 1080i to poor compression or unexplained different tone of the French dub compared to the original one.

What I’m getting frustrated by and growing more and more angry is how these labels seems content with putting approximative products on the market, while at the same time violently reacting to customer feedback, no matter how technically illustrated it can be. In many cases, the responses to these technical remarks were “you must have invented the HD itself to spot such minute differences”, "you're probably the kind of persons who goes into a fancy restaurant but still want to give advices to the Chef" or “What are your line of work to say such things ? Are you an encoder ? Have you ever worked directly with film ?”

While I certainly can understand how these labels cannot make the differences between knowledgeable and less knowledgeable customers / reviewers (and how some customers truly are complaining about unfair or even untrue things), and while I also can understand how even knowledgeable people can have many things left to learn, it’s getting increasingly difficult to make specific technical remarks to these labels without them quickly resorting to such shenanigans and try to alienate these customers or reviewers feedback.

I don’t mind being told I’m wrong, or being told that I’m nitpicking, but I mind being told I’m as a whole a stupid worthless customer who doesn’t know crap and trust too much the Internet when my sources often involves some very renowned people from the industry.
Or, my favourite “only 2 people complained so who cares even if they could provide screencaps and time codes as exemples”.

I wanted to share this here in order to understand if this is a very French thing or if other people around here faced the same issues, despite making a legitimately objectively backed case of what they were observing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107