DVD Cataloguing Software

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: DVD Cataloguing Software

#101 Post by tenia » Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 pm

I use a simple Excel file, but I do use the blu-ray.com listing when I want to watch something specific. My Excel file is a very simple one (originally meant to catalogue what I own, not be a database), so their research tool is quite useful.

swo17

#102 Post by swo17 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 pm

I use filmaf as much for checking availability of things I don't own and locating bonus films as for cataloguing my own collection

criterionsnob

#103 Post by criterionsnob » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm

I still use and love Delicious Library.

BigMack3000

#104 Post by BigMack3000 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:41 pm

criterionsnob wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm
I still use and love Delicious Library.
Do you manually enter all the information in? It stopped connecting to Amazon awhile ago, for me.

criterionsnob

#105 Post by criterionsnob » Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Delicious Library still connects to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, but not Amazon.co.uk. For UK and other imports, I enter manually. If you’re starting from scratch that could be a bit time consuming. I like being able to have different shelves for unwatched, incoming orders, etc.

Grand Wazoo

#106 Post by Grand Wazoo » Sat May 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Wow, I've used filmaf/dvdaf since I purchased my first disc in 2001. At the very least you can easily export your collection to a txt file which can then be imported into Excel/Numbers for the future, but I'll still miss this one a lot.

DeprongMori

#107 Post by DeprongMori » Sat May 18, 2019 4:36 pm

I’ve been using MyMovies for about three years now to catalog my thousands of films. It is multi-platform and allows me to synch my collection to my phone in a great presentation format and to easily present my collection on the web.

BigMack3000

#108 Post by BigMack3000 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:38 pm

criterionsnob wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm
Delicious Library still connects to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, but not Amazon.co.uk. For UK and other imports, I enter manually. If you’re starting from scratch that could be a bit time consuming. I like being able to have different shelves for unwatched, incoming orders, etc.
Interesting. Amazon.com was not working for me back then. I'll have to check in on it again.

PianoMan88

#109 Post by PianoMan88 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:24 pm

I am honestly quite surprised that I do not see many more members using the My Movies app from BluRay.com. It is absolutely SUPERB. I have multiple editions of the same movie at times and the app is great at cataloguing exact editions from all regions (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany and on and on). I am also a stickler for adding pricing information (how much I paid) and when I purchased the items. The sorting is as good as it gets, by director, release date, studio, genre and many more.
And you can view your collection in nice thumbnails that correspond exactly to what you own. You can now even add comments and search the collection using the comment box.

Oh and as an extra bonus I can sync between iOS and Android (iPad and phone in my case).

I have had the app for 4-5 years now and I looked for a long time before finding it and there was nothing even remotely close to as good. It has saved me from buying the same thing on many occasions (hard to keep track of over 3,000 blu-rays)

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#110 Post by tenia » Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 am

I have it too, but am so not used to use it, I keep using the website instead. I find it a bit long to startup, though.

Timec
Spencer Tracy had it coming

#111 Post by Timec » Sun May 26, 2019 4:15 pm

It looks like FilmAF will be sticking around after all:
ANNOUNCEMENT: The rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated -- well kind of. I’m happy to announce that Samuel from DVDCompare has graciously agreed to take over FilmAf. We are working on the transition details. No interruption of service is expected. Long live FilmAf! Long live DVDCompare!

Feego

#112 Post by Feego » Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 am

That's good to know, as I have depended on FilmAf/DVDAf for years. I have taken the opportunity in the last week or so since their initial announcement to create an Excel spreadsheet of my home video inventory, which I will continue to maintain just in case this doesn't work out. I also began using Blu-ray.com's "My Collections" feature, but I don't find it anywhere near as useful.

schellenbergk

#113 Post by schellenbergk » Fri May 31, 2019 9:40 am

matrixschmatrix wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:43 am
I use Collectorz.com Movie Collector, which despite its obnoxious name is pretty good- it, too, allows scanning.
I use it as well - also Book Collectorz. I do find I need to wait a day or two after receiving my Criterions for the BluRay info to show up when I scan the bar code.