Jerry Lewis on DVD

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Jerry Lewis on DVD

#26 Post by domino harvey » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:40 pm

The Bellboy is just a series of skits Lewis filmed during off hours while performing at the hotel in real-life. There's some amusing stuff there, but I'd have a hard time entertaining anyone who claims it to be his best. Whereas the Patsy has this scene showcasing what could very well be Lewis' most impressive acts of physical comedy

stroszeck

#27 Post by stroszeck » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Wasn't there a plan to begin releasing his movies on HD format? The main reason I resisted purchasing his catalogue on DVD in the first place was because of what I thought would be their inevitable release on blu...

Bob Furmanek

#28 Post by Bob Furmanek » Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Speaking of Jerry Lewis:

http://www.drfilm.net/blog/?p=294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

onedimension

#29 Post by onedimension » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:41 am

Don't know what it means for a blu ray, but watching "The Ladies' Man" on HBO Go right now in "HD"..

The Fanciful Norwegian

#30 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:57 pm

It's been on iTunes in HD for awhile, along with a number of other Paramount Lewis titles that still haven't made it to Blu. At least Paramount sells HD versions somewhere, unlike WB who have only released Which Way to the Front? and Cracking Up in SD (despite providing HD versions to TCM).

rockysds

#31 Post by rockysds » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:08 am

Mill Creek is releasing a triple feature on one dvd of 3 on Couch, Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower the River and Hook, Line and Sinker in January.

Godot
Cri me a Tearion

#32 Post by Godot » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:50 pm

rockysds wrote:Mill Creek is releasing a triple feature on one dvd of 3 on Couch, Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower the River and Hook, Line and Sinker in January.
I blind-bought this based entirely on the rave recommendation for 3 on a Couch by Jaime N. Christley (in the Cinephiliacs Aug. 2017 podcast, and his concurrent Village Voice review) and Domino's previous comment from Sept. 2009:
domino harvey wrote:Three on a Couch and Cracking Up are two must-see rarities