DVD Library

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
hearthesilence

Re: DVD Library

#526 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:22 pm

I can't remember if I've ever posted a link to the towers I use, but here it is. It really depends on your home, but for me, I definitely have the corner space for these towers and not nearly enough usable wall space for the equivalent shelves. FWIW, if you're using these towers only for DVDs and Blu-rays, the metal lazy Susan recommended in so many of those Amazon customer reviews is not worth the trouble - a tower full of DVDs and/or Blu-rays will be substantially lighter than one full of CD's, and on top of that, if you tried to install a metal lazy Susan, you risk cracking or splitting the base.

Matt

#527 Post by Matt » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:53 pm

criterionsnob wrote:My partner introduced me to cardboard comic boxes, which are the perfect size for holding DVDs and Blu-rays.
Interesting! Can you post or pm me a link to the kind you use?

criterionsnob

#528 Post by criterionsnob » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:15 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:53 pm
criterionsnob wrote:My partner introduced me to cardboard comic boxes, which are the perfect size for holding DVDs and Blu-rays.
Interesting! Can you post or pm me a link to the kind you use?
My partner tells me what I have are comic short boxes. They measure 15” x 11.5” x 8” and hold 46 DVDs per box (2 stacked layers of 23). Mine are cardboard and I can't find any branding on them. I just bought them at the local comic book store. There are also comic long boxes, which hold more and have more room on the sides, but the short boxes fit DVDs just right so I prefer them.

Matt

DVD Library

#529 Post by Matt » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:10 am

Thanks. I think I found some online and they are probably a standard size. I checked the measurements and they should definitely fit two stacks of DVDs.

criterionsnob

#530 Post by criterionsnob » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:50 am

Great, hope they work out for you.

denti alligator

#531 Post by denti alligator » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone have a good source for replacement cases, both blue and clear? I got an MoC with a cracked case and it's simply too much trouble to return. I'd rather hold on to it and get a replacement case.

ianthemovie

#532 Post by ianthemovie » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm

denti alligator wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 pm
Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone have a good source for replacement cases, both blue and clear? I got an MoC with a cracked case and it's simply too much trouble to return. I'd rather hold on to it and get a replacement case.
I've had pretty good luck getting replacement cases on Ebay including some 2-disc Scanavos for repackaging Criterions. Vinegar Syndrome and Radiance also sell some styles of cases directly through their websites. I've never tried getting an exact replacement for an MoC-style case, though--not sure about those.

jheez

#533 Post by jheez » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 pm

I believe Indicator also sells the clear cases
denti alligator wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 pm

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#534 Post by swo17 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:51 pm

jheez wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 pm
I believe Indicator also sells the clear cases
Their limited edition cases have been sold out for several months, but here are some standard cases

Matt

#535 Post by Matt » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:22 pm

I got my replacement cases from this seller on ebay and am very happy with them.