It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: DVD Library
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm 

FrauBlucher wrote:
swo17 wrote:
Overheard my sister describing the films on my Amazon wishlist thusly the other day. I found it especially hurtful considering I actually deleted the list a couple years ago!

Quote:
It's full of just the worst movies ever. Nothing anyone has ever heard of.
Were you keeping your taste in film a secret from your sister?

If I have to guess, I think it was her opinion that was supposed to be secret ... then swo' eavesdropping occurred.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:19 pm 

Any suggestions on moving a pretty sizable collection? I'm moving to the East Coast soon from IL and this'll be my first big move. Specifically looking for recommendations on storage or sorting, since I'll have a moving company doing the shipping, but any advice is welcome.

My previous move was out of my parents' house and to only an hour and a half away, which allowed me to move things in waves, a strategy that would definitely not work this time. I just threw everything in pretty sturdy plastic shipping crates and reorganizing after I unloaded it at my new place. I still have these crates but they probably wouldn't get used for BD's this time around. I'm really unsure if cardboard would be sturdy enough or if there are some (preferably cheap) options for containers that work best for blu-ray size cases. So, if anyone has any experience like this, I'd appreciate any wisdom you could pass on!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:28 pm 

I just put everything in those big yellow containers you can get from Home Depot and softened them with some clothes in the holes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pm 

knives wrote:
I just put everything in those big yellow containers you can get from Home Depot and softened them with some clothes in the holes.

I'll add that you should place them in the delivery vehicle in positions where they won't slide around too much and won't be crushed by something. It goes without saying that stuff moves around in vehicles and that if you're not careful bad things can happen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:32 pm 

That's one nice thing about those boxes. Basically indestructible and stackable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20