DVDs can save your life!

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
tryavna

DVDs can save your life!

#1 Post by tryavna » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Here's proof.

Mods: Feel free to move. I would have put this in the Navel-gazing thread if I could have. Just thought it was amusing, considering how much of our own lives we invest in DVDs around here.

dx23

#2 Post by dx23 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:10 pm

By any chance, was the DVD either of these?:

ImageImage

HerrSchreck

#3 Post by HerrSchreck » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Maybe one day I'll deflect a shotgun blast with Treasures From The Film Archives 1.... or an intercontinental ballistic missle lugging Ford At Fox someplace.

Mr Sausage

#4 Post by Mr Sausage » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Mods: Feel free to move. I would have put this in the Navel-gazing thread if I could have. Just thought it was amusing, considering how much of our own lives we invest in DVDs around here.
This fits under "DVD related topics," so it can stay.

fiddlesticks

#5 Post by fiddlesticks » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:51 pm

I'll bet it was

...I sure couldn't get through it.

pianocrash

#6 Post by pianocrash » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:33 pm

The Ford At Fox packaging finally reaps a single benefit!

colinr0380

#7 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 am

HerrSchreck wrote:Maybe one day I'll deflect a shotgun blast with Treasures From The Film Archives 1.... or an intercontinental ballistic missle lugging Ford At Fox someplace.
If either of those sets were destroyed wouldn't it be worse than getting the full impact of the bullet/missile? I for one would do the 'bodyguard diving in front of the President' thing to save them from harm!

I just find it ironic that a DVD saved someone and I am most likely to be killed by them, trapped when a badly stacked pile falls on me! (That Yakuza Papers metal box hurts when it flies with force at your head! #-o )

Tommaso

#8 Post by Tommaso » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:58 pm

colinr0380 wrote:I just find it ironic that a DVD saved someone and I am most likely to be killed by them, trapped when a badly stacked pile falls on me! (That Yakuza Papers metal box hurts when it flies with force at your head! #-o )
That reminds me that a friend of mine constantly prophecies that one day I will be brained by that huge Louise Brooks poster hanging in a glass frame over my bed, which he thinks I fastened badly... Well, I somehow even like the idea :shock:

jbeall

#9 Post by jbeall » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:33 pm

fiddlesticks wrote:I'll bet it was

...I sure couldn't get through it.
I wish there was a spit-take emoticon; that was hilarious!!!

But come to think of it, the dvd industry could be subcontracted to provide armor for the troops in Iraq. What if we outfitted all the humvees with copies of The Patriot?