It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 pm 

Has anyone had any experience streaming your films to a TV through DLNA? I recently started doing that with 1080P video and hi-res audio and it works great! Dolby Tru HD has some issues with audio dropouts though.

Post subject: Re: Filmstruck
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:05 pm 

A small digression, but can we see Amazon Prime films with AppleTV 4? I invested in AppleTV to access Filmstruck, but cannot figure out how to see Amazon films using it. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:15 pm 

I believe you can use Airplay with the iOS Amazon app (assuming you own a different Apple device).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 pm 

You can't stream Amazon Prime films natively on Apple TV because the mutual hostility between the companies means there is no app for Apple TV. You might be able to redirect play from an iPhone or iPad running Amazon Prime streaming in a Safari window out to the Apple TV via AirPlay, but I found that plugging a $40 FireTV stick into one of my HDTV's HDMI ports was an easy and worthwhile supplement to Apple TV in my home setup, even if only for simplifying Amazon Prime streaming.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:24 pm 

If you have a 4K TV though, Amazon's original series (of which there are more and more) are streamed pretty beautifully in 4K/UHD and it's worth getting something 4K capable, if you're going to take the leap of getting another streaming box, though. Still totally puzzled as to why Apple's got a box that costs twice as much and isn't 4K capable. Easily the weakest part of their product lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 pm 

I'm still trying to view Filmstruck on my LG TV, but unfortunately the Amazon Fire Stick is on back-order for a couple of weeks and I don't want to go with apple. I wish Filmstruck would accelerate integration with Chromecast and smart TV OS software, like Amazon and Netflix do.

I will echo what mfunk9786 said. The 4K streaming content from Netflix looks super great, especially the HDR Dolby Vision content, if you have an HDR or Dobly-Vision TV.