It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 127  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm 

Yeah, that was the part I posted it for, but I left the part at the end on for
Quote:
Even more annoyingly, there are some shots that are so amateurish and badly composed that one has to wonder if Wenders deliberately screwed up his film to try to `show' that he was so upset that he could not do his job properly; in a sense employing faux amateurism to try to cynically manipulate viewers into jerking tears over his dead friend.
because jesus what an asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm 

Oh yeah, and how idiotic is that? So Wenders is pandering to people who won't feel anything for a great man dying before their very eyes, but will break down and cry because of poor filmmaking? What the fuck?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Wim Wenders is German?! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 am 
Dot Com Dom

It doesn't really fit anywhere else, but this is some CV!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 am 

domino harvey wrote:
It doesn't really fit anywhere else, but this is some CV!

Hire that man!

But seriously, he misspelled "Martin Score-scissors", one of the world's foremost music editors.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:27 am 

Is American Ginger a Julianne Moore vehicle?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:57 am 
wax on; wax off

If you're making a tally of errors, don't forget 'Dr. Ridley Scott'...unless he's boasting a degree I don't know about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 am 

MichaelB wrote:
Is American Ginger a Julianne Moore vehicle?

I would totally watch that film.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 am 
Dot Com Dom

My favorite is Enchanged, directed by Tim Burton, as despite my best efforts I have no earthly idea what that's supposed to be. Runner up: Law & Order, directed by Mike. I've looked at this thing a good half dozen times since posting and there's still so much to enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am 
Not PETA approved

domino harvey wrote:
My favorite is Enchanged, directed by Tim Burton, as despite my best efforts I have no earthly idea what that's supposed to be. Runner up: Law & Order, directed by Mike. I've looked at this thing a good half dozen times since posting and there's still so much to enjoy!

Makes you wonder how Mike managed to fit in directing School for Schurnder in between directing all of Law and Order and fixing my kitchen sink.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:54 am 

domino harvey wrote:
My favorite is Enchanged, directed by Tim Burton, as despite my best efforts I have no earthly idea what that's supposed to be.

I'm guessing Enchanted (2007): the chronology fits, even if the Tim Burton reference doesn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm 

Hmm, I was assuming Sweeney Todd, wherein quite a lot of the cast is enchanged into meat pies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 pm 

Whatever it is, you can be pretty sure that Johnny Depp is chewing the scenery and Danny Elfman is doing his usual doody-doody-doo. I wish I could enchange the 10 minutes I saw of that Alice in Wonderland atrocity.

Edit: I think we can add some weird disfigured version of Helena Bonham Carter to the formula at this stage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 pm 

MichaelB wrote:
domino harvey wrote:
My favorite is Enchanged, directed by Tim Burton, as despite my best efforts I have no earthly idea what that's supposed to be.
I'm guessing Enchanted (2007): the chronology fits, even if the Tim Burton reference doesn't.
No, no, no. Tim Burton is the director of Martin Scorscissorhands.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am 

domino harvey wrote:

Presumably by "Eriz LaSalle", the writer means "Eriq La Salle"?

It does seem depressing that the important roles of hot dog worker, transit passenger or amusement park worker can be so easily lumped in with being a juror, street gosser and mental patient though!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:23 am 

perhaps he went method for his "crack addict" role for Dir. Martin Scoresissers?

Not sure why the other image is cropped, but it's missing his favorite hobby of "music cooking" too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:36 am 

Little did I know all those years playing in parks I was developing an important and bankable film acting skill.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 am 

He doesn't play Skee-ball? Into the circular file.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:34 am 

A Netflix review:
Quote:
REALLY GOOD MOVIE. ANOTHER GREAT FOR TOMMY LEE JONES. THIS MOVIE WAS A DIFFERENT TYPE OF MOVIE FOR TOMMY. HE DOES NOT DO MANY MOVIES ANYMORE. HOWEVER HE DOES HAVE A NEW MOVIE COMING OUT IN THEATERS THIS MONTH. KIND OF A LOVE STORY/COMEDY. I WILL BE SURE TOO SEE IT. I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS MOVIE ELECTRIC MIST. IT WAS DIFFERENT FOR HIM, BUT AS LIKE ALL OF HIS MOVIES, I DON'T EVER RECALL A BAD MOVIE THAT HE HAS EVER DONE. HOWEVER, HE NEVER GETS AWARD MOVIES EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NEVER DONE A BAD MOVIE. I HOPE TOMMY YOU KEEP MAKING MOVIES BECAUSE I AM A FAN AND WILL ALWAYS WATCH YOUR MOVIES. YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND AND THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT MOVIES YOU HAVE MADE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:54 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 am 

matrixschmatrix wrote:
HOWEVER, HE NEVER GETS AWARD MOVIES EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NEVER DONE A BAD MOVIE.

This is obviously a different Tommy Lee Jones to the one that notched up four Oscar nominations and one win. Still, it's not that unusual a name.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:11 am 

For some reason while reading that post I keep conjuring up the image of someone standing outside Tommy Lee Jones' house in the middle of the night shouting it whilst the actor frantically tries to call the police (trembling fingers slipping on the rotary dial) inside.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 pm 

Nice to see that writing is one of his hobbies. He should try reading, as well.

Must admit, I'm still trying to work out what Music Cooking and Park Player actually mean.

He must have good connections, though, as he seems to be on first name terms with the director of Law and Order and School For Scurnder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:14 am 

Lots of incredible gems at this One Star Netflix Reviews tumblr:
Quote:
"One reviewer compared it to James Joyce’s Ulysses. Now I know why I hated this movie Ulysses was a very bad and hard book and movie to follow. If that is what “8 1/2” was trying to duplicate, it picked a poor model. It was also a black and white Italian foreign movie with yellow subtitles. Whoever heard of that? If you’re going to have yellow subtitles, make the rest of the movie in color. I haven’t seen that much of Marcello Mastroianni probably because he looks like he only does Italian movies. Please dub movies when you can because I really don’t like to read my movies."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:17 am 

He's got a point about the yellow subtitles, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 127  Next