The Belly of an Architect

Discuss releases by the BFI and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

antnield

Re: The Belly of an Architect

#26 Post by antnield » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:29 am

Belatedly, the Digital Fix.

Gropius

#27 Post by Gropius » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Just got around to watching this Blu-Ray, and had one of those puzzling moments where one remembers a scene that doesn't appear to be there. It's been a good five years since I last saw it, but I distinctly remember a bit where Kracklite quotes Blake's 'The Sick Rose' ('O Rose thou art sick'); his wife asks him if he came up with the line, and he replies something like 'I had a little help from a man named Blake'.

Did I entirely hallucinate this dialogue, or was it included in other prints/edits of this film (like the rental VHS on which I probably first saw it)? Since it's not to be found in the PDF of the script included as an extra, and all released versions appear to have the same running time, I'm forced to accept that I might have imagined it, but I'm not sure why I would have.

DeprongMori

#28 Post by DeprongMori » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:52 pm

If I can manage to find my copy of the screenplay for "The Belly of an Architect", I can check at least whether it's there.

http://www.artbook.com/2906571687.html

Gropius

#29 Post by Gropius » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks, although if it's like the PDF version, it's unlikely to be. Perhaps I'm confusing it with another film.