Tsai Ming-liang

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.

Moderator: DarkImbecile

dda1996a

Re: Tsai Ming-liang

#101 Post by dda1996a » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:08 am

Anyone has a clue regarding Tsai's Afternoon, Your Face and his rarely seen Walker shorts? I'm currently going through his filmography and it would be nice to know where I can find those movies (even back channels didn't help in the search).

Also, I haven't seen Stray Dogs yet, but having read about it, and having just seen Tsai's early TV work Give Me a Home, it seems rather circuitous to see him end his narrative cinena close to where he started (its also a pretty good hiur long movie, DV quality and all)

zedz

#102 Post by zedz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:23 pm

dda1996a wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:08 am
Anyone has a clue regarding Tsai's Afternoon, Your Face and his rarely seen Walker shorts? I'm currently going through his filmography and it would be nice to know where I can find those movies (even back channels didn't help in the search).

Also, I haven't seen Stray Dogs yet, but having read about it, and having just seen Tsai's early TV work Give Me a Home, it seems rather circuitous to see him end his narrative cinena close to where he started (its also a pretty good hiur long movie, DV quality and all)
Walker can be seen here.

Journey to the West is on the US BluRay of Stray Dogs.

No No Sleep (which I love) can be seen here.

Somebody really ought to gather all these together in one place.

dda1996a

#103 Post by dda1996a » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:08 am

You see, there are appereantly a lot more that were released. I saw those three, was looking for the others.
Still, anyone knows anything regarding Afternoon? Its been almost four years since it came out.