Don Hertzfeldt

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.

Moderator: DarkImbecile

kuzine

Re: Don Hertzfeldt

#101 Post by kuzine » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Opened the blu-ray tonight and having a problem during It's such a beautiful day. Around the 25:30 mark it hangs and skips for about 10 sec. Have only watched the two main titles so far and no other issues. Anybody else experience this? Tried it on my Oppo + my external drive connected to my laptop, same issue on both.

gfxtwin

#102 Post by gfxtwin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:06 am

Works fine for me. Kinda bummed about the lack of Ah, L'amour and Genre, which were my favorites after World of Tomorrow and Rejected, but maybe they'll be special features on a Vol 2 Bluray in the future, which I'll probably also buy.

Ribs

#103 Post by Ribs » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:43 pm

From Hertzfeldt's Twitter:

dda1996a

Re: The Films of 2017

#105 Post by dda1996a » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm

It may have taken me until now to watch it, but World of Tomorrow 2 again demonstrates why Hertzfeldt is one my most cherished directors, period. I still want to rewatch the original again, but as in his brilliant Its Such a Beautiful Day, he manages to make me laugh, digs deep into my philosophical and existentialist side and is brimming with brilliant ideas about our future as humans. This is not saying the first wasn't as good as this but Im again happy to see how Hertzfeldt builds on previous installments (like ISaBD is built of the three Bill chapters).
And again I'm flabbergasted how Hertzfeldt manages to make me care about a badly drawn stick figure so much. This has probably one of the saddest death scenes I've ever seen (and it's of a small insect).