Untitled Noah Baumbach Film (Noah Baumbach, 2018)

Discuss films of the 21st century including current cinema, current filmmakers, and film festivals.
The Narrator Returns

Untitled Noah Baumbach Film (Noah Baumbach, 2018)

#1 Post by The Narrator Returns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:24 pm

For the third time in a row, Baumbach has tried to sneak a movie in while no one was looking. This scouting notice for his next project was posted on Twitter yesterday.

The Narrator Returns

Re: Noah Baumbach

#2 Post by The Narrator Returns » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Driver and Johansson are officially a go for his next movie, as is Laura Dern(!!!).

The Narrator Returns

#3 Post by The Narrator Returns » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 am

According to IMDb, Untitled Noah Baumbach Project is currently filming, and has a release date of November 30 (on Netflix). Also, Greta Gerwig seems to have quietly joined the cast (although nobody seemed to notice her two-line cameo in Meyerowitz).

Ribs

#4 Post by Ribs » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:01 am

The date doesn't actually having sourcing, it just comes from nowhere. Netflix doesn't date its movies this far in advance.

(And also, Netflix has actually never been formally attached to this, as far as we know - and they're generally very upfront about listing what they've got in production. I've heard things about Baumbach being incredibly dissatisfied with Meyerowitz's release, and am interested - if he is continuing this partnership (if he even gets a say in it, considering it's the producers' call) - what they might be doing to rectify that unease. I personally feel the fact that Netflix has strongly pared back its theatrical releases outside NY/LA even since First they Killed My Father is a legitimate scandal which has gone unnoticed due to the basic fact that most who'd care about it live in that same two city bubble and still have these titles playing for weeks, as opposed to single-screen, single-week runs in the smallest theaters in major markets just to say they've done it.)

Oedipax

#5 Post by Oedipax » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 am

The Narrator Returns wrote:(although nobody seemed to notice her two-line cameo in Meyerowitz).
Do tell! I've seen it twice and didn't pick up on that. Is she a voice on a phone or something?

The Narrator Returns

#6 Post by The Narrator Returns » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

She's the voice of Stiller's wife on the phone.

Oedipax

#7 Post by Oedipax » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:03 pm

That's cool. Will have to look out for that the next time I watch (which I definitely will; it's my favorite Baumbach in a while).

The Narrator Returns

Re: Untitled Noah Baumbach Film (Noah Baumbach, 2018)

#8 Post by The Narrator Returns » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:35 pm

According to costume designer Mark Bridges, Alan Alda is in this too.