It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Steven Soderbergh
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 pm 

Kirkinson wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just doing these edits for his own edification and releasing them to the public because, he figures, why not?

I figured this too. More than fan edits, it's like music fans who re-do or salvage "lost" albums and post the results on the web (like completing SMiLE or trying to make a Let It Be that's faithful to the band's original intentions). Even if sharing was impossible, fans would still be doing these sort of projects for themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:46 pm 

Am I imagining things, or is the PQ of the Soderbergh edit better than anything currently available on home video?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:09 pm 

Soderbergh to direct an interactive, choose-your-own-adventure-style movie for HBO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 pm 

Professor Wagstaff wrote:

Or... not?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:56 am 

Does anybody know anything about if/when there'll be a Blu-ray release of Solaris? As far as I can tell almost everything else he's done has been released on Blu-ray. The Limey is the only other one I can think of right now that's also not on BD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:06 am 

ivuernis wrote:
Does anybody know anything about if/when there'll be a Blu-ray release of Solaris? As far as I can tell almost everything else he's done has been released on Blu-ray. The Limey is the only other one I can think of right now that's also not on BD.

Kafka, Schizopolis, and The Good German are all unavailable on BD (as far as I know)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:57 pm 

mfunk9786 wrote:
Wonder what's going to happen to The Knick if Soderbergh is making movies again, and has to work that shooting schedule around the show? That's assuming Cinemax accepts the 4 year renewal proposal.

I was of the understanding that he wouldn't be directing the show anymore. [Caution, spoilers]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:02 pm 

And now Soderbergh is looking to direct a Panama Papers movie, written by Scott Z. Burns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:15 am 

pzadvance wrote:

Of all places, an interview with the guy who played Buzz in Home Alone finally clarified what exactly Mosaic is.

Quote:
It is a format and a technology that we’ve never seen before. It’s an interactive, fully-immersed film experience, in the sense that the audience will be able to see a story told from beginning to end but they can choose how they want to see it and which character to follow.

It’ll be on HBO Now. Through the website they’ll be able to follow whoever they choose to see and the story changes drastically between whose perspective you wish to see it through. It’s going to be incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:25 am 
Dot Com Dom

Interesting, kind of a larger-scale version of the Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:01 am 

Or this

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:22 am 

I was thinking that film von Trier and a bunch of his friends did about a decade back across several television stations. It also might be a bit informed by Twixt.

Post subject: Steven Soderbergh
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 am 

The Narrator Returns wrote:
pzadvance wrote:

Of all places, an interview with the guy who played Buzz in Home Alone finally clarified what exactly Mosaic is.

Quote:
It is a format and a technology that we’ve never seen before. It’s an interactive, fully-immersed film experience, in the sense that the audience will be able to see a story told from beginning to end but they can choose how they want to see it and which character to follow.

It’ll be on HBO Now. Through the website they’ll be able to follow whoever they choose to see and the story changes drastically between whose perspective you wish to see it through. It’s going to be incredible.
i once worked on a choose your own adventure short film designed for DVD that would use seamless branching to select story options, it is tricky to script, but a novel experience for the consumer once. Realistically, you can't offer very many "choose a or b" events in the experience and you try to overlap some of the third tier choices to result in the same fourth tier story lines so that as the story is drawing to a close it is shrinking the possible outcomes in the story grid and only a handful of ending points are needed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:05 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Soderbergh is co-creator and producer of the upcoming limited Netflix series Godless, a six part Western starring Jeff Daniels, Sam Waterston, Jack O'Connell, and Scoot McNairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm 

He shot a secret movie called Unsane on an iPhone, with Claire Foy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am 

Steven Soderbergh Is Back to Destroy Hollywood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 pm 

Soderbergh says here that Mosaic will be coming out in November.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 pm 

The Narrator Returns wrote:

Jesus, why does the press feel the need to indulge in ridiculous hyperbole every time Soderbergh shifts gears with his career?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:05 pm 

And now Soderbergh finally clarifies Mosaic a little; an interactive app version will be released in the fall (presumably, like he said, in November), then a different, shorter version (apparently with material not used for the app version) will air as a six-hour TV series on HBO in January.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:42 pm 

Trailer for Mosaic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7