It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 pm 

There is/was also a shot from the film on a promotional page for Filmstruck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 pm 

I mean, also, I think Criterion has now released every other Malick movie up to that one? It's not really a wild called shot, any more than assuming that The Great Budapest Hotel is going to come sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 am 

It is a wild-called shot though, and Malick lacks the nearly two-decade long relationship Anderson has cultivated with Criterion that pretty much guarantees Grand Budapest spine #900 (a wild-called shot too, but more Steph Curry). Incidentally, both films were distributed by Fox Searchlight and, of course, Criterion would love to release The Tree of Life, which is being canonized quicker than any film in my short lifetime, anyway (the Palme, 2012 Sight & Sound placement, high placement on TSPDT list). If (and why not when) it is released, I don't know if anything in this thread will have served as beacons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:56 am 

Omensetter wrote:
It is a wild-called shot though, and Malick lacks the nearly two-decade long relationship Anderson has cultivated with Criterion that pretty much guarantees Grand Budapest spine #900 (a wild-called shot too, but more Steph Curry).

Days of Heaven was seemingly the start of the work relationship between Malick and Criterion and it was already 10 years. It certainly not the 17 years ago from Rushmore but it still isn't a very recent relationship.

On the other end, we since had The Thin Red Line, Badlands and The New World over a 7 years period so it wouldn't be far fetched to believe The Tree of Life would be a logical inclusion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46