Second Run 'club' or subscription

Discuss releases by Second Run and the films on them.
moebius

#1 Post by moebius » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:45 am

Many people were asking for a SR club or an "abbonement".
Maybe one could start a pilot project of this nature for people in this board.

Would be nice if anybody who is interested would leave a little note.
Last edited by moebius on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scharphedin2

#2 Post by Scharphedin2 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:30 am

I would be more than happy to be a part of a Second Run subscription scheme. Approximately 60% of their titles have ended up on my shelves, but often long after they were initially released. I would be happy to commit to all the releases through subscription.

It would be interesting to hear from Bikey, if Second Run is interested at all. There would be some administration involved, but if enough people made an upfront commitment to the releases, I imagine that it would maybe help move projects forward faster and/or more easily.

Again, not being sure of Second Run's interest or benefit in this, it may be presumptious to elaborate, but if administration was an issue, and the project was confined to the forum, maybe we could even offer to help with the administrative side of things somehow... For me, it would just make me happy to help support this label, which probably more than any other label is strictly about making marginal films available at a price that almost anyone interested would be able to afford, and often working from poor materials and still managing to present a dignified end product.

jbeall

#3 Post by jbeall » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:03 pm

We should note that they have special offers available through the online shop on the Second Run website.

rs98762001

#4 Post by rs98762001 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Think it's a great idea.

moebius

#5 Post by moebius » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:59 am

No statement by Second Run ?

jt

#6 Post by jt » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:34 am

I'd probably be interested in something like this, like Fabric Live does with it's cd's. Set up a standing order for a few pounds less than the rrp and forget about it, then each month a new film arrives through your letter box.
I'd also do this with MoC if it were available and the price was right.

a.khan

#7 Post by a.khan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 am

I'd support this system with my money.