It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: 82 Ikarie XB1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am 

OK, could we not debate pricing here? I didn't realize Jose26's post was pushing his own eBay listing, but regardless, let's not get into a pissing match about it on the release's thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am 
Dot Com Dom

MOD NOTE: Do not post links to your own eBay auctions anywhere on this forum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:34 am 

Maybe it's because I've spent a fair bit of time in the relevant countries going back more than two decades, but I'm always fascinated by the way people seem happy to pay massively over the odds just so they don't have to order something directly from a central/eastern European country whose website might not be in English.

I must have placed dozens of orders over the years with multiple companies in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Serbia, and I've never had the slightest problem. In fact, the packaging of some of these places puts many Western outlets to shame - DVD Best in Slovakia routinely sends me stuff in boxes so thick and tightly bound that they'd reliably stop a tank.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:39 am 

The level of buyer protections on eBay definitely make it an appealing prospect especially if you have to provide your CC info at point of sale (and PayPal isn't accepted, etc) on a strange website (not just a foreign one, mind you, but any smaller and/or unfamiliar retailer). I can understand the impulse, even though as you say, it's probably a wholly unnecessary one. But you can inform eBay about an issue with something not arriving or arriving incorrectly and you know you're getting refunded, or that the issue will be remedied shortly thereafter. Same goes for Amazon's marketplace.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 pm 

Thanks for the tip, swo. Was going to import the Czech BD but if this is expected from CC soon, I can hold off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm 

I never promised soon. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5