68 Tuesday, After Christmas

Discuss releases by Second Run and the films on them.
MichaelB

68 Tuesday, After Christmas

#26 Post by MichaelB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 am

Jean-Luc Garbo wrote:
Bikey wrote:Cine Outsider
Cine Outsider regarding the soundtrack wrote:The spread of the dialogue is sometimes a little wide – the voice of a character sitting left of centre can appear anywhere from the centre speaker to the extreme left of the sound stage, which can physically distance dialogue from the person delivering it (intriguingly this spread is also on the extra feature). In a couple of short sequences the placement is even reversed, with the voice of a character on screen left appearing on the right, and vice versa.
Is that a fair point? Is this a problem with the DVD or the source materials?
I didn't notice it on two viewings, but my three front speakers are quite close together.

But it's definitely the original materials - Second Run doesn't remix its soundtracks, especially not if it's a filmmaker-approved edition (as this one is).

Bikey

Re: Tuesday, After Christmas

#27 Post by Bikey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 am

We've gone back to our Master materials following the recent discussion and had a close look (listen) at the audio mix. We have identified this as being down to the original audio mix that was created with the edit. It is odd, and albeit minor, but it's unfortunately not something that can be rectified without going back to the sound mix at the editing stage.

Jean-Luc Garbo

Re: 68 Tuesday, After Christmas

#28 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 pm

I just bought my copy and hadn't watched it yet so I was somewhat concerned when I read that review. Thanks for the follow-up information as I'm looking forward to the film even more.

Bikey

Re: 68 Tuesday, After Christmas

#29 Post by Bikey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:21 am

Tuesday, After Christmas has been selected by Songlines magazine as one of the 5 best world cinema releases of 2012:
http://www.songlines.co.uk/world-music- ... t-of-2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;