MoC: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
Lowry_Sam

Re: MoC: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#1601 Post by Lowry_Sam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:30 am

I had just purchased Passion on Amazon Uk yesterday for a few pound more, luckily it hadn't shipped & was able to cancel.

FerdinandGriffon

#1602 Post by FerdinandGriffon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:40 am

I bought the Lifeboat steel from Eureka on saturday! I wish I could email them and reorder, but it's probably not worth chasing those two pounds.

Props55

#1603 Post by Props55 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 pm

So is this special continuing for another week or will it just morph into the Christmas/New Year sale? If the latter then I gotta start pacing myself or I'll break the holiday bank just on MoC!

Der Spieler

#1604 Post by Der Spieler » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Eureka offers are great lately. Ordered JOAN OF ARC, finally. Gives me the opportunity to clear some of my backlog and focus on buying newer releases at full price.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1605 Post by Drucker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:05 am

Has anyone been charged for their orders from last week yet? I got Ruggles and Insect Woman, but haven't been charged yet.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1606 Post by Drucker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:06 am

PS From Facebook:
We hope you all enjoyed the offers during our Black Friday Week last week and all managed to pick up something that you wanted? Continuing the theme of special offers we have just added our only release for December, Il bidone, to the webstore. This is available for the next 48 hours at the very special price of just £10.99, these will be in stock with us on the 12th and will despatch as soon as they arrive, don't miss out on this very special price pre-order!

Emak-Bakia

#1607 Post by Emak-Bakia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:05 pm

La Planete Sauvage is £7.99 from Eureka. Not sure for how long, they just posted "grab it now, while you can" on their Facebook page.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#1608 Post by swo17 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 pm

from now until Monday 16th

Props55

#1609 Post by Props55 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:46 am

So, any news of the Boxing Day/New Year's Specials as per last year? Or did we get all our holiday treats early on Thanksgiving/Black Friday? Not complaining by any means but I wouldn't want to miss out on anything. Those deals were sweet!

lefeufollet

#1610 Post by lefeufollet » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Pre-orders for Wings and Computer Chess are now open on Eureka's site.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#1611 Post by swo17 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Some other great deals available too:
To get the new year rolling we've reduced the price on over twenty DVDs on our webstore, until next Friday (10th January) you can pick up any of the following for just £5.99: Spione, Asphalt, The Idiot, F for Fake, Kwaidan, Funeral Parade of Roses, Silence, Bellissima, Rocco and his Brothers, La notte, Les maitres du temps, Muriel, A Time to Love and a Time to Die, The Devil and Daniel Webster, Nous Ne Vieillirons Pas Ensemble, La Gueule Ouverte, A Nos Amours, Sous le Soleil de Satan, L'enfance nue, Il Grido, House, Trouble in Paradise. We've also reduced Phantom, and L’argent to just £6.99 and Die Nibelungen DVD to only £9.99.

Arrow

#1612 Post by Arrow » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:50 am

swo17 wrote:Some other great deals available too:
To get the new year rolling we've reduced the price on over twenty DVDs on our webstore, until next Friday (10th January) you can pick up any of the following for just £5.99: Spione, Asphalt, The Idiot, F for Fake, Kwaidan, Funeral Parade of Roses, Silence, Bellissima, Rocco and his Brothers, La notte, Les maitres du temps, Muriel, A Time to Love and a Time to Die, The Devil and Daniel Webster, Nous Ne Vieillirons Pas Ensemble, La Gueule Ouverte, A Nos Amours, Sous le Soleil de Satan, L'enfance nue, Il Grido, House, Trouble in Paradise. We've also reduced Phantom, and L’argent to just £6.99 and Die Nibelungen DVD to only £9.99.
Any chance these are likely to be upgraded to blu in the near future? (Besides the obvious OOPs and already upgraded)

Props55

#1613 Post by Props55 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 am

I believe a restoration on ROCCO has been in the works for several years (and might in fact be available on the continent) and I seem to remember hearing of the same more recently for MURIEL. Whether or not MoC are engaged in discussion on UK rights for blu upgrades I'll leave to more knowledgable posters. It's a better than even bet that they'll eventually go blu on SPIONE (and WOMAN IN THE MOON) and very likely IL GRIDO as well.

Still these deals are steals! I'll very likely pop for BELLISSIMA, L'ARGENT and possibly one or two others. This is as good a time as any to take the plunge with Pialet if you've been sitting on the fence. (to completely mix metaphors!)

rwaits

#1614 Post by rwaits » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:56 am

I'd like more info on that Muriel restoration if you can find it. It desperately needs it. MoC did a nice job with their release and it's far and away the best release available, but the transfer they were working from was still far from perfect.

Arrow

#1615 Post by Arrow » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Props55 wrote:I believe a restoration on ROCCO has been in the works for several years (and might in fact be available on the continent) and I seem to remember hearing of the same more recently for MURIEL. Whether or not MoC are engaged in discussion on UK rights for blu upgrades I'll leave to more knowledgable posters. It's a better than even bet that they'll eventually go blu on SPIONE (and WOMAN IN THE MOON) and very likely IL GRIDO as well.

Still these deals are steals! I'll very likely pop for BELLISSIMA, L'ARGENT and possibly one or two others. This is as good a time as any to take the plunge with Pialet if you've been sitting on the fence. (to completely mix metaphors!)
Thanks, there's only one Pialat I don't have so I'll pick that up, may wait on Rocco but L'Argent and a couple others I'm interested in.

Props55

#1616 Post by Props55 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Can't for the life of me find (or recall where I saw) the mention of a MURIEL restoration but a look at the dedicated thread did remind me that MoC announced it as a dual-format upgrade and then formally sidelined it (due to backlog in release schedule) about a year ago. I think I must have heard/read of a restoration in the interim and assumed they were now waiting for this to materialize before proceeding with their upgrade plans.

Again, I welcome more informed input from UK posters/participants to provide more details.

Pietersen

#1617 Post by Pietersen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am

From the Eureka Facebook page
We've just reduced the price on another batch of DVDs on our webstore... until this Friday (17th January) you can pick up any of the following for just £5.99: Les Cousins, Le Beau Serge, Bakumatsu Taiyo-den, Le Pont Du Nord, Tabu, Fear and Desire, RoGoPaG, Oedipus Rex, and Hawks and Sparrows. We've also reduced Judex/Nuits Rouges to just £6.99.

Tommaso

#1618 Post by Tommaso » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Unbeatable prices if you're blu-less. But probably also an indication that it was not a good idea to drop the dual format editions in favour of seperate dvd and blu versions, given that the Chabrols and the Rivette must certainly count as 'recent' releases.

Opdef

#1619 Post by Opdef » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:04 pm

I notice they've reverted to Dual Formats for most of the 2014 releases, which seems to confirm that the separate Blu-ray / DVD releases haven't really paid off.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#1620 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Pietersen wrote:From the Eureka Facebook page
We've just reduced the price on another batch of DVDs on our webstore... until this Friday (17th January) you can pick up any of the following for just £5.99: Les Cousins, Le Beau Serge, Bakumatsu Taiyo-den, Le Pont Du Nord, Tabu, Fear and Desire, RoGoPaG, Oedipus Rex, and Hawks and Sparrows. We've also reduced Judex/Nuits Rouges to just £6.99.
The sale has been extended now until the 24th.

FrauBlucher

#1621 Post by FrauBlucher » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 am

manicsounds

#1622 Post by manicsounds » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:07 am

blu-ray and dvd of "Fear And Desire", are £9.79 each at base.com

hearthesilence

#1623 Post by hearthesilence » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Regarding the £5.99, did MoC make any statements about upgrading them? I recall them saying that some titles (Park Row, Trouble in Paradise) wouldn't get Blu-Ray releases partly because the difference in image quality wasn't enough to justify the cost (more in terms of sales than production costs - I believe their DVDs still outsell their Blu-Ray discs by a hefty margin, is that correct?)

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1624 Post by Drucker » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:41 pm

For Trouble, Nick definitely said that the difference in blu-ray and DVD didn't justify making the blu ray. Can't recall why Park Row was DVD only (thought they would have to foot the whole cost of making an HD master. Looking at the Catalog page, Park Row is described as: "• New digital progressive transfer in the film’s original aspect ratio")

EddieLarkin

#1625 Post by EddieLarkin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Eureka are offering La Poison, City of Women, and Onibaba for £9.99 each, as well as the steelbooks of Lifeboat and Two-Lane Blacktop, which they are running down on.