MoC: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

Re: MoC: Cheapest Prices/Best Places to Buy/Pre-Orders/Deals

#1726 Post by Drucker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:09 am

Free Blu-ray or DVD offer, and 15% off store wide! We're all getting into the Halloween spirit at Eureka HQ and to kick off a night of fangtastic fun we have two special offers running in the store until Wednesday 5th November. First up, there's 15% off EVERYTHING across the store from now until then, and if that's not a juicy enough deal to sink your fangs into, then we have a second offer running at the same time... If your order totals £40 (before discount) you'll also receive a mystery Blu-ray or DVD! This will automatically be added to you basket upon checkout if you qualify and will be sent to you with your order. The free disc will be chosen totally at random by our despatch demons upon shipping. One lucky order will receive a copy of our now 'out of print' Late Mizoguchi Blu-ray set as their FREE GIFT. Could it be your order? Let us know what you get with your order #EurekaTrickorTreat? Please share our spooky love!
The November releases still are not available for pre-order, thankfully saving me from the temptation to spend my free money from my paycheck on this.

J Wilson

#1727 Post by J Wilson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Their site has some kind of glitch where you can't proceed past the enter address page when checking out. Hopefully they sort it out, as I'm done trying to order for now.

skeets kelly

#1728 Post by skeets kelly » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:25 am

having the same problem. i emailed them, but i'm assuming they already know by now.

Dr Amicus

#1729 Post by Dr Amicus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:54 am

Sale now extended until Sunday to make up for earlier problems. All seems to be working now, at least it took my money, applied a discount and added a mystery disc...

manicsounds

#1730 Post by manicsounds » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Order the 3 November released together (Spies, Diary, Bagdad) at Eureka's site and receive £5 off the order

rapta

#1732 Post by rapta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Flash sale over at Eureka until the 'end of the week' (presumably midnight on Sunday, but could be Friday)...

£5.99 - Two-Lane Blacktop, Simon Killer, RoGoPaG, Soul Power
£9.99 - Serpico steelbook, The Passion of Joan of Arc steelbook

Also, Amazon UK have had some recent price-drops on the MoC range (keep going up and down so keep an eye on it) but a highlight being the Nosferatu Dual Format steelbook for £9.99

JAP

#1733 Post by JAP » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:27 am

Black Friday 30% discount on all titles during the weekend! December releases are included.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1734 Post by Drucker » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:37 am

The website working terribly for anyone else?

Pepsi

#1735 Post by Pepsi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Yes! One hour to make an order! I try out later to make an other order!

FrauBlucher

#1736 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 pm

I kinda miss their old site.

rattlebag

#1737 Post by rattlebag » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Me too. Sad to say I haven't bought directly from them since it was implemented.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1738 Post by Drucker » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:04 pm

FrauBlucher wrote:I kinda miss their old site.
New site looks better and could be great, but it tends not to work.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#1739 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:30 am

JAP wrote:Black Friday 30% discount on all titles during the weekend! December releases are included.
Is that discount automatic or is there a coupon?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#1740 Post by swo17 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 am

Automatic, though it doesn't show up until checkout.

hearthesilence

#1741 Post by hearthesilence » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:13 am

I do miss the PayPal option. I paid via my American Express card (no foreign transaction fees), but the new WorldPay service only accepts Visa and MasterCard.

Oedipax

#1742 Post by Oedipax » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:26 am

rattlebag wrote:Me too. Sad to say I haven't bought directly from them since it was implemented.
Same here. While the site certainly looks more polished, I have a harder time navigating and seeing what the latest titles are. Even though you can sort by release date it just doesn't feel the same at all to me. It's a bit more like looking at a somewhat stuffy museum catalog rather than browsing a lively shop for cinephiles or something. Whatever it is, it definitely has suppressed the urge to buy stuff on a whim the way I used to during their monthly offers.

Paul Moran

#1743 Post by Paul Moran » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:26 pm

What a slow website...or perhaps it was overloaded! I eventually managed to order 13 MoCs - which brings me right up to date - plus 6 titles from the Eureka Classics range.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1744 Post by Drucker » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Oedipax wrote:
rattlebag wrote:Me too. Sad to say I haven't bought directly from them since it was implemented.
Same here. While the site certainly looks more polished, I have a harder time navigating and seeing what the latest titles are. Even though you can sort by release date it just doesn't feel the same at all to me. It's a bit more like looking at a somewhat stuffy museum catalog rather than browsing a lively shop for cinephiles or something. Whatever it is, it definitely has suppressed the urge to buy stuff on a whim the way I used to during their monthly offers.
I have to say, they have stepped up their "on sale" game big time in my opinion. Throwing the whole store on sale with what seems is pretty great frequency, and the new titles as soon as they are on sale, is way better than what it seemed like for a while, which is things that have been on sale for a while are now arbitrarily on sale. I feel that the way they do sales now, if I don't wait for a discount on something, I only have myself to blame. Before, things would go on sale totally unexpectedly and there was no planning for it.

MOC have slowly re-stepped up their game with amazing releases and artwork and PQ lately. Honestly, in everything except website functionality, they are killing it.

FrauBlucher

#1745 Post by FrauBlucher » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Drucker, I have to say you're right on.

I like to add that I made a purchase (Diary of a Lost Girl and The Blue Angel) and I had no issues. I was expecting to be frustrated.

The thing I miss about the old site is the ability to list the titles (especially by years). I have not seen that function on the new site.
Last edited by FrauBlucher on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#1746 Post by tenia » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I think that what people are missing is actually quite simple : the possibility to either filter more practically titles (eg for finding and putting in their cart the latests releases) or having the possibility to filter per spine #.

What was practical before was the huge listing per spine number of the releases, but also the fact that the sale was huge one-page stuff.

So it's all a filter issue. It's a shame that the "Release date" filter does not work properly and instead filters by the date of creation of the page, because it would already be a huge improvement.

exidor

#1747 Post by exidor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:38 pm

All I need is to be able to see the price alongside the titles in any of the general store listings. If you're going to go with a sluggish site, you need to minimise the number of pages people have to load. I generally get frustrated after clicking through to check the prices on a handful of titles and just give up.

Oedipax

#1748 Post by Oedipax » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Yeah, a page that's literally just every release plus price plus an "add to cart" button and listed in descending order from newest to oldest is all I really need.

chatterjees

#1749 Post by chatterjees » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 pm

The sale is over? I don't see the 30% off anymore! I had 5 items in the cart. ](*,)

Gregor Samsa

#1750 Post by Gregor Samsa » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:43 pm

chatterjees wrote:The sale is over? I don't see the 30% off anymore! I had 5 items in the cart. ](*,)

It would have ended just over three and a half hours ago.