It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 pm 
Dot Com Dom

It was distroed by MGM theatrically but its rights are with Republic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:29 pm 

Unless it's getting a release for Olives Signature Series.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:46 pm 

Who was the licensor for the old Second Sight DVD?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 pm 

domino harvey wrote:
It was distroed by MGM theatrically but its rights are with Republic

Oh right; in that case maybe it will be with Paramount then, whom have only dealt with Eureka in the UK (specifically on Blu-ray and the recent past; Second Sight licensed from them for some of their DVD titles). Exciting if it does turn out to be Eureka 'cause that would probably mean we'd get MoC editions other Republic-Melange titles like Johnny Guitar, High Noon, Macbeth, The Sun Shines Bright and Rio Grande (basically some of the best Olive titles), and possibly even a third Paramount deal from them (too many possibilities to mention; The Pawnbroker, Days of Heaven, The Duellists, Hud, The Spy Who Came In From the Cold, Gallipoli...).

The Fanciful Norwegian wrote:
Who was the licensor for the old Second Sight DVD?

A quick eBay search brought up this image, which seems to point to BBC Films. That can't be right, can it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:26 am 

Subtle hint on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/eurekavideo/status/ ... 4048784384

Do we know what it is already? I'd like to see One, Two, Three.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:26 am 

TMDaines wrote:
Subtle hint on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/eurekavideo/status/ ... 4048784384

Do we know what it is already? I'd like to see One, Two, Three.

Didn't I read somewhere a new restoration of The Apartment is coming?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 am 

^ Apartment is with Arrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:15 am 

One Two Three, Private Life of Sherlock Holmes or Avanti! are my guesses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 am 

No, we don't know that Apartment is with Arrow, though if it is coming it would be coming from Arrow as MoC doesn't really do the double-dip thing. Fran Simeoni retweeted a single post about the Apartment - it could just as easily be not related to upcoming releases or due to the post's Hitchcock connection.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 pm 

As much as I'd love to see The Apartment from Arrow (or MoC, Criterion), I think Arrow employees like Fran Simeoni and Ant Nield retweet stuff all the time, and it doesn't necessarily mean they're going to release that film or films by that filmmaker. Someone pointed it out on Blu-ray.com based on that retweet so that might be where the connection was made, but it's pretty tenuous.

My guess is the next Wilder title from MoC will be The Fortune Cookie - but I'd be just as happy with Irma La Douce, and either Witness for the Prosecution or One Two Three would also be welcome alternatives. The Apartment is obviously glorious though, so I'd happily double-dip if MoC happened to start doing things like that (as Ribs says, Eureka don't tend to do that...in fact I don't think they ever have other than Cocoon, which was OOP when they announced it).

I don't think they ever would though unless there was a newer restoration - Criterion do it sometimes, usually just to upgrade the extras. Arrow have started to do it often they're restoring something themselves (Time Bandits, Withnail & I, The Long Good Friday, Hellraiser, Donnie Darko, Ronin, A Fish Called Wanda, The Thing); with the exception of Videodrome, which was sourced from Criterion. Do we know if MoC have restored anything 'in-house' in recent years, since The Passion of Joan of Arc?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm 

We have seen a bunch of big MGM titles get 4k remasters and great home video releases over the last year or two, with The Graduate and Manchurian Candidate. I don't see why The Apartment couldn't be next?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:40 pm 

But why would MGM give The Apartment to Arrow when Criterion would obviously be happy to do a 4K resto of it? I just don't think it adds up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:50 pm 

When did Criterion enter the picture?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:04 pm 

I just meant to point out that already released blu-rays got 4k upgrades and physical releases through a boutique label.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152