45 General Idi Amin Dada Autoportrait

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
RossyG

Re: 45 General Idi Amin Dada Autoportrait

#26 Post by RossyG » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:50 am

I got this for Christmas last year and was very happy with the picture quality.

Wonderful documentary too; a great companion piece to The Last King of Scotland.

bamwc2

#27 Post by bamwc2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:50 pm

tojoed wrote:The guy who wrote that review is a member here. Perhaps he can explain.

Yes, I wrote that review and am not very proud of it. I watched the movie late on the night of the 10th and did the screen captures then too. About an hour later my wife went into labor and I ended up writing the review itself almost 24 hours later in the hospital after mother and baby had both fallen asleep. While I didn't have the disc with me, I worked with some notes that I had and the screen captures. I guess that I must have been in a bad state when I wrote it, because I really did screw it up. Nick was right to be upset as I got a lot wrong in it and I have personally apologized to him. I was my mistake and I'm deeply sorry for it.

Edit: I guess I should explain what I was doing that night as well. While perhaps the normal thing to do would have been to actually go to sleep at that time, I was running on nervous energy. Although we had a perfectly normal delivery, my son was born with meconium in his lungs (I just had it in my head). He's doing great now (two weeks old as of about ten minutes ago), but things were a little scary at the beginning. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have touched my computer then, but I felt like I had to do something to keep from going crazy. Instead I ended up embarrassing Gary and myself. I've written several other reviews since then, I sincerely hope that I never make a blunder that stupid again.
Last edited by bamwc2 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tajmahal

#28 Post by tajmahal » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:21 pm

bamwc2 wrote:
tojoed wrote:The guy who wrote that review is a member here. Perhaps he can explain.

Yes, I wrote that review and am not very proud of it. I watched the movie late on the night of the 10th and did the screen captures then too. About an hour later my wife went into labor and I ended up writing the review itself almost 24 hours later in the hospital after mother and baby had both fallen asleep. While I didn't have the disc with me, I worked with some notes that I had and the screen captures. I guess that I must have been in a bad state when I wrote it, because I really did screw it up. Nick was right to be upset as I got a lot wrong in it and I have personally apologized to him. I was my mistake and I'm deeply sorry for it.
T'aint nobody perfect. Ultimately, MOC have a fresh review for a back-catalogue title, which might generate a few sales.

It's all good.

tojoed

#29 Post by tojoed » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:43 am

Thanks for that explanation, Bam, these things happen. No worries.