BD 132 Eureka

Discuss releases by Eureka and Masters of Cinema and the films on them.
rapta

Re: BD 132 Eureka

#26 Post by rapta » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Beaver review is up. Looks like another strong package from MoC!

Big Ben

#27 Post by Big Ben » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 am

I've owned the old MGM DVD for years and never watched it. Really excited to see such a strong package. More Roeg on Blu-Ray is never a bad thing!

frankiecrisp

#28 Post by frankiecrisp » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 am

Has the release date been moved my pre-order now has an April 7th delivery date

rapta

#29 Post by rapta » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

frankiecrisp wrote:Has the release date been moved my pre-order now has an April 7th delivery date
No, but there was some last minute delay and stock only just arrived with Eureka HQ. Apparently Amazon were supposed to have received stock yesterday, but nobody has had a dispatch notice - one or two on Blu-ray.com say their orders are being 'prepared'. Mine says the same as you (April 7th), but hopefully it will be updated tomorrow or Friday and arrive by the weekend.

Might make it a double or triple bill with Network's Bad Timing or StudioCanal's The Man Who Fell To Earth. Looking forward to it...whenever it actually arrives!

Davy Gallagher

#30 Post by Davy Gallagher » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:53 pm

One of the most under-rated Roeg films. I think with a cast of stars and soon-to-be stars it's perhaps one that a significant chunk of audiences expected to see more mainstream fayre.

We really need a UK release of Insignificance (Network announced it then postponed it indefinitely) and a real version of Performance rather than the bastardised version with only the alternate soundtrack that Warner Archive released.

rapta

#31 Post by rapta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:16 am

Davy Gallagher wrote:One of the most under-rated Roeg films. I think with a cast of stars and soon-to-be stars it's perhaps one that a significant chunk of audiences expected to see more mainstream fayre.

We really need a UK release of Insignificance (Network announced it then postponed it indefinitely) and a real version of Performance rather than the bastardised version with only the alternate soundtrack that Warner Archive released.
Mine's dispatching from Amazon today it seems...I should have it by the weekend, hopefully.

I too was disappointed when Network indefinitely delayed Insignificance, but at least they gave us Bad Timing (one of their best titles). I'd also love a new disc of Performance, and if WB aren't willing to do it I hope they agree something with the BFI - seemingly the only UK label Warner have licensed to in the past (The Devils, Revolution). Reminds me, I've still not watched Cammell's White of the Eye yet.

Lastly, was I seeing things or did I read rumours of a new edition of The Man Who Fell To Earth from StudioCanal? At this rate I may as well sell all my old SC discs and wait for them to be improved upon (first The Third Man, then Ran...). We all know the one Roeg release they really need to fix is Don't Look Now, though.

Big Ben

#32 Post by Big Ben » Sat May 14, 2016 11:12 am

Watched this yesterday and just can't seem to wrap my head around it. It just doesn't seem to be Roegian (Roegish?) enough for me. The parts that are are spectacular and the film really shines there ( A certain part involving fireworks was a nice touch I thought). I think, personally, the film could have benefited from some editing ( People who have seen the film know which scene I'm referring to) to at least one scene to make it significantly shorter.

A flawed Roeg film.