Lionsgate: The Dead

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Svevan

Re: Lionsgate: The Dead

#51 Post by Svevan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Those caps look a LOT better than my old R2 Network DVD (which I cannot cap on my Mac, unfortunately; unless there's a trick I don't know). Here's hoping for a comparison from someone like Beaver to verify, as my memory could be faulty. Also, the old DVD was PAL and seemed to be running at varying speeds throughout (voices would be high-pitched then semi-normal, etc), though that could be due to my over-sensitivity to PAL speed-up and nothing else.

MoonlitKnight

#52 Post by MoonlitKnight » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:47 pm

jaredsap wrote:
Cronenfly wrote:I'm positive that it's the right version (it runs a full 83 minutes); perhaps (hopefully) the one I got is just an anomaly? I purchased it in-store, and there was a post-it note on the display copy indicating that it was the corrected version, despite what the packaging and disc say.
Interesting. My new packaging definitely says 83 minutes so let's indeed hope this corrected packaging will soon be found in stores...
Eh, it's hardly the first DVD that's been released with an inaccurate running time listed on the back. :-k

jaredsap

#53 Post by jaredsap » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:24 am

MoonlitKnight wrote:Eh, it's hardly the first DVD that's been released with an inaccurate running time listed on the back. :-k
Have you been following the whole discussion? The crucial point here is that unless Lionsgate gets the corrected packaging into stores, there's no way to tell the cut from uncut editions on retailer shelves.

MichaelB

#54 Post by MichaelB » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:42 am

Svevan wrote:Those caps look a LOT better than my old R2 Network DVD (which I cannot cap on my Mac, unfortunately; unless there's a trick I don't know).
I use Snapz Pro X, but I have a professional excuse for paying for it.

MoonlitKnight

#55 Post by MoonlitKnight » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:17 am

jaredsap wrote:
MoonlitKnight wrote:Eh, it's hardly the first DVD that's been released with an inaccurate running time listed on the back. :-k
Have you been following the whole discussion? The crucial point here is that unless Lionsgate gets the corrected packaging into stores, there's no way to tell the cut from uncut editions on retailer shelves.
Seeing as they supposedly recalled all copies of the botched version (it was completely unavailable at Deep Discount until 12/8), I'm willing to take the chance. :-"