E1 Entertainment (formerly Koch Lorber)

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
starmanof51

#1 Post by starmanof51 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:09 pm

I wrote in to Koch Lorber asking about Demy's Donkey Skin/Peau D'Ane. Got this response:

"The film is slated for a dvd release in May. Watch
www.kochlorberfilms.com for updated info."

htdm

#2 Post by htdm » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:34 am

manicsounds wrote: 301/302 (1995) d. Cheoul-Su Park
I see Koch Lorber is listing the aspect ratio for this as 4:3 full screen - wasn't that the problem with the Korean DVD also?
What is the OAR?

kazantzakis

#3 Post by kazantzakis » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:09 pm

Seems Koch will be releasing Emir Kusturica's first feature film Do you remember Dolly Bell in April.

link

EDIT:
Also When father was away on business on same day

link

FilmFanSea

#4 Post by FilmFanSea » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:42 am

WOW. I've been patiently waiting for a DVD release of both of these Kusturica films, so I hope that Koch Lorber does them proud.

Ashirg

#5 Post by Ashirg » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:17 pm

Donkey Skin is finally announced for May 10

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_listin ... ctid=51090

richast2

#6 Post by richast2 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:37 am

According to Amazon, Koch-Lorber will be releasing Fellini's Intervista on March 8. Anyone have any info on this? It's supposed to be widescreen, so I'm tempted to replace my fullscreen version of it, but if there aren't any special features or if the transfer is bad, i might just suck it up.

kazantzakis

#7 Post by kazantzakis » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:37 pm

Polanski's "Repulsion" seems to have popped up recently. Amazon has it
here

Anyone know if this is really by Koch as other sites claim? And what the hell is

Studio: 'Program Power Ent'

from amazon's website?

DVDsoon lists a 26 Apr release by Koch. I wonder if this is even the same one...

justeleblanc

#8 Post by justeleblanc » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:01 pm

I've seen this title at a few Borders stores in the St Louis area. I haven't bought it yet, but after looking at the back, I guessed it was a shitty bootleg transfer, not unlike a lot of early Hitchcock DVD releases.

the dancing kid

#9 Post by the dancing kid » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:31 pm

I picked that copy of Repulsion up at Borders a week or so back when they had a special deal (buy three and the fourth is free), and it's quite awful. It's fullscreen and the image and sound are vhs quality. I don't know if it's a bootleg source or if it's just lazy public domain material, but I would skip it.

FilmFanSea

#10 Post by FilmFanSea » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:56 pm

Repulsion was not produced by the Koch Lorber (art film) division of the Koch Distribution 'empire.' Most of the DVDs Koch distributes are bargain titles from less-than-stellar producers:

Info On Entertainment Products, Inc.

kazantzakis

#11 Post by kazantzakis » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:27 pm

There is no mention of KochLorber anywhere, I am not sure what you are referring to. The "Repulsion" that was floating around previously was released by that "thing" linked to on the top of this thread, an apparent trashcan of the Koch conglomerate.

Can anyone of those who have seen this "new" dvd (this was supposed to come out yesterday) specify what company claims to have released this?

FilmFanSea

#12 Post by FilmFanSea » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:00 pm

kazantzakis wrote:Can anyone of those who have seen this "new" dvd (this was supposed to come out yesterday) specify what company claims to have released this?
It's produced by Entertainment Products, Inc., and distributed by Koch Entertainment (but not Koch Lorber).

Koch website listing

kazantzakis

#13 Post by kazantzakis » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:14 pm

I see now, thanks. I should probably stay away then...

richast2

#14 Post by richast2 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:23 pm

to answer my own question, the Koch Lorber Intervista will be widescreen. No special features announced yet:

http://www.kochlorberfilms.com/product.asp?ID=50

dx23

#15 Post by dx23 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:15 pm

From davisdvd.com:
Intervista

Director Federico Fellini's 1987 film Intervista will be released by Koch Lorber on March 8th. The disc arrives with a new 1.85:1 anamorphic transfer, Italian Dolby Digital 5.1 and English subtitles. extras will include a Fellini documentary by Vincenzo Mollica, an on-set photo montage and the trailer. Retail is $29.98.
So there are the extras revealed and its retailing for a little too much.

Buttery Jeb
Just in it for the game.

#16 Post by Buttery Jeb » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:12 pm

I saw today that Koch Lorber will be putting out Lina Wertmuller's "Swept Away" and "Seven Beauties" on DVD later this year. No word on specs just yet.

-BJ

What A Disgrace

#17 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:28 am

According to Netflix (reliable?), When Father Was Away on Business will have an audio commentary by the director.

Ashirg

#18 Post by Ashirg » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:48 am

According to Netflix (reliable?), When Father Was Away on Business will have an audio commentary by the director.
According to DVD Planet, Digital Eyes and Deep Discount DVD it will be just an interview...

emcflat

#19 Post by emcflat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:09 pm

Got this in an Email from Video Business Mag today, didn't see this anywhere else here:

Koch Lorber gives Gold treatment to classics

Koch Lorber Films will christen a new Gold Series line of DVDs with the May 10 release of Jacques Demy’s take on the dark Charles Perrault fairy tale Donkey Skin (Peau d’Âne).

The Gold Series designation will be reserved for “classic films by renowned directors that really became events” when they were released, said Koch Lorber general manager Dan Gurlitz. The high-end titles will receive state-of-the-art restoration and remastering, significant bonus features and, in most cases, a limited theatrical rerelease to generate consumer awareness.

Koch Lorber’s release of La Dolce Vita last year did not carry the Gold Series label but was essentially a test for the line, Gurlitz said.

The Gold Series titles will be priced higher than most Koch Lorber titles--at $34.98, Donkey Skin is about $5 higher than the norm. “There’s a big fan base and they’re not price-sensitive,” Gurlitz said. “They would rather pay a few dollars more and get the best that they can get. There’s an upside for Koch and for retailers because these titles don’t need to be discounted.”

Titles slated to get the Gold Series treatment include Lena Wertmüller’s Seven Beauties and Swept Away, Luis Buñuel’s Los Olvidados and Alain Corneau’s All the Mornings of the World (Tous les Matins du Monde) starring Gérard Depardieu.

Good news all around..

Gregory

#20 Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:36 pm

...and gaudy gold subtitles to match!

devlinnn

#21 Post by devlinnn » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:35 pm

Does anyone know what will be on the Donkey Skin DVD? For $35 it better be more than a PAL to NTSC transfer with a scene index.

godardslave

#22 Post by godardslave » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:21 am

everyone wants to get a piece of the criterion action, and who can blame them.

Alain3000

#23 Post by Alain3000 » Wed May 04, 2005 3:12 pm

DVDplanet lists a Lina Wertmuller boxset as coming from Koch on 8/09.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_listin ... format=DVD

jorencain

#24 Post by jorencain » Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 pm

So, has anyone picked up "Intervista" and can comment on it? I'm curious anout the film itself, as I haven't seen much very late Fellini, but also about the disc. Is it worth getting? Thanks.

richast2

#25 Post by richast2 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:56 pm

jorencain wrote:So, has anyone picked up "Intervista" and can comment on it? I'm curious anout the film itself, as I haven't seen much very late Fellini, but also about the disc. Is it worth getting? Thanks.
the DVD is a great improvement over the previous edition in terms of transfer and features. as a film, it's good, but it's totally different from early Fellini. It's not as good as Amarcord, but it's better than Orchestra Rehearsal, if that helps. I rather enjoy it, though parts of it tend to drag.