Kino

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Telstar

Re: Kino

#2801 Post by Telstar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm

FrauBlucher wrote:Beaver on Caligari It seems like MoC once again is the slightly better version. But the Kino is still worth it for the folks that are A locked.
But no Kalat commentary on the Kino. That's a pretty tempting reason to go with the MoC.

Koukol

#2802 Post by Koukol » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:19 pm

FrauBlucher wrote:Beaver on Caligari It seems like MoC once again is the slightly better version. But the Kino is still worth it for the folks that are A locked.
???

The Kino BD isn't up yet.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#2803 Post by Drucker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:39 pm

It most certainly is up.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#2804 Post by domino harvey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:41 pm

The Kino doesn't have Kalat, how dare you suggest the releases are equivalent Image

Koukol

#2805 Post by Koukol » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Drucker wrote:It most certainly is up.
???

1) Image Entertainment Region 0 - NTSC - LEFT

2) Kino International Region 0 - SECOND

3) Universum - Region 'B' - Blu-ray - THIRD

4) Masters of Cinema - Region 'B' - Blu-ray - RIGHT

This is all I'm getting.

lefeufollet

#2806 Post by lefeufollet » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:55 pm

You might want to refresh the page or flush your saved browser files. I've noticed many times in the past that a newly-posted Beaver review will not load correctly on my computer, and refreshing usually does the trick.

Roger Ryan

#2807 Post by Roger Ryan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Beaver only put up KINO comparisons for the first three images (plus title card), making it a little difficult to judge since those images overall look less stunning than examples from later in the film.

Koukol

#2808 Post by Koukol » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:53 pm

lefeufollet wrote:You might want to refresh the page or flush your saved browser files. I've noticed many times in the past that a newly-posted Beaver review will not load correctly on my computer, and refreshing usually does the trick.
Thanks...the refresh worked.

pointless

#2809 Post by pointless » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Kino to Release Tim Sutton's 'Memphis' on Blu-ray in January

Release date: January 13

Specs have not been detailed yet, but supplements will include: Booklet Essays by Robert Gordon; Extra Scene-"Willis Meets the Prophet"; On-set Interview with Willis Earl Beal; Podcast Interview with Director Tim Sutton; and Teenie and Charles Hodges of the Hi Rhythm Section in session.

sir_luke

#2810 Post by sir_luke » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm

pointless wrote:Kino to Release Tim Sutton's 'Memphis' on Blu-ray in January

Release date: January 13

Specs have not been detailed yet, but supplements will include: Booklet Essays by Robert Gordon; Extra Scene-"Willis Meets the Prophet"; On-set Interview with Willis Earl Beal; Podcast Interview with Director Tim Sutton; and Teenie and Charles Hodges of the Hi Rhythm Section in session.
This was one of my most highly anticipated films of the year, but I missed it during the single week (grr) that it was available in my city. Glad to see it's being handled with care, I'll be sure to pick it up.

Bob Furmanek

#2811 Post by Bob Furmanek » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Here's your chance to win a free copy of THE BUBBLE on 3-D blu-ray:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... n-blu-ray/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please visit the home page of our website to read the articles and reviews: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vidussoni

#2812 Post by vidussoni » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Rivette's Le Pont du Nord - February 17, 2015
Last edited by vidussoni on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pointless

#2813 Post by pointless » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:57 pm

The Retrieval (Chris Eska, 2013) - to be released February 3, 2015

Special Features:
Audio Commentary by Director Chris Eska
  • Deleted Scene
    Stunt Rehearsals
    Trailer

Minkin

#2814 Post by Minkin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 pm

vidussoni wrote:Rivette's Le Pont du Nord - February 17, 2015
Like the MoC, the only extra is a booklet (you'd think the first Rivette on Blu in Uk/US would get something more meaty) - so I guess pick which ever booklet content sounds more interesting (as though Kino has ever beaten MoC on image quality/price).

Telstar

#2815 Post by Telstar » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Minkin wrote:
vidussoni wrote:Rivette's Le Pont du Nord - February 17, 2015
Like the MoC, the only extra is a booklet (you'd think the first Rivette on Blu in Uk/US would get something more meaty) - so I guess pick which ever booklet content sounds more interesting (as though Kino has ever beaten MoC on image quality/price).
Not true...

Kino Special Features:

Booklet with Original Press Notes and essay by Dennis Lim, Mapping LE PONT DU NORD, an image-essay by Roland-Francois Lack | COMPOSITES, a video-essay by Gina Telaroli

Minkin

#2816 Post by Minkin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Telstar wrote:Booklet with Original Press Notes and essay by Dennis Lim, Mapping LE PONT DU NORD, an image-essay by Roland-Francois Lack | COMPOSITES, a video-essay by Gina Telaroli
Ah, you are indeed correct. I put the blame on Bluray.com for listing three separate things as one bullet point (in contrast to how they display everything else). I guess, in some bizarro world, Kino finally trumps MoC (Kino doesn't even need to put in any effort to come up with a better cover!). Is this an all-time first, or is there one random title I've missed?

Ashirg

#2817 Post by Ashirg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:38 am

Roger Vadim's Vice & Virtue is released in DVD and blu on March 17. Available for pre-order at Amazon

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#2818 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:08 pm

AfterTheRain

Re: German Filmmuseum Edition

#2819 Post by AfterTheRain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 pm

I've just learned through their Facebook page that Kino has announced a Rank Noir set for future release; no release date has been set, but it will include The Assassin, The Golden Salamander, The October Man, Snowbound, and They Met in the Dark - all new to DVD in America. One more note: the transfers utilized for this upcoming set will be ones that were created in the 1990s, for HD-masters can't be made due to either unreasonable lab costs or inability to access the original film elements. It may put some of you off of buying the set, but it's important that you know in advance because it's better to have these films out than not at all.

nolanoe

#2820 Post by nolanoe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Small and possibly stupid question:

Are Kino done with Jean Rollin? I recall somebody somewhere telling me they're also going to do Killing Car and Sidewalks of Bangkok. I would be looking forward to those two and Lost in NY.

Satori

#2821 Post by Satori » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 am

nolanoe wrote:Small and possibly stupid question:

Are Kino done with Jean Rollin? I recall somebody somewhere telling me they're also going to do Killing Car and Sidewalks of Bangkok. I would be looking forward to those two and Lost in NY.
I think The Escapees was also announced (or maybe just rumored) for a release last year which never materialized. I was disappointed because Escapees is a fascinating film- it's essentially a realist reconfiguration of his central narrative structure about two girls exploring a fantastic world in which the real threat is the return of the real world and its patriarchal order. Maybe the later Rollin films are just a more difficult sell than his 70s work. It's too bad- I'd love to see good releases of the 2000s trilogy as well.

Orlac

#2822 Post by Orlac » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Kino seemed to give up on Redemption - Rollin, Franco, etc. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing whilst they exhaust their mgm titles.

The Fanciful Norwegian

#2823 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:45 pm

In the case of Redemption, I suspect Nigel Wingrove has been busy with other things. His blog (which is mostly about how immigrants, multiculturalism and "Muslim thugs" are destroying Western civilization) hadn't been updated since mid-2013, though he has managed to maintain a daily news aggregator. The Charlie Hebdo attack finally prompted some updates, no doubt to the relief of Eurocult-loving EDL/UKIP members everywhere. There hasn't been much activity on Redemption's Facebook page either, which didn't even bother promoting some of the label's 2014 releases. Last year he held a spectacularly unsuccessful Kickstarter for a book on Nazi art and he's now running some even more unsuccessful Indiegogo campaigns for new entries in the "Satanic Sluts" series, so it seems his focus has shifted to "personal" projects. (He claims to be "currently filming" two other movies and plans to make thirty in 2015 alone. I'm not exactly holding my breath here.) He also had to find a new UK distributor and plans to reissue the back catalog through them, whoever they are.

Calvin

Kino

#2824 Post by Calvin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Goodbye to Language 3D Blu-Ray has been dated for April 14th and is now up for pre-order on Amazon. Oddly, it will be a 2-disc release - one disc containing the 3D version and the other 2D. Extras will be the Canon interview with Godard, the theatrical trailer and a booklet essay by David Bordwell. I was hoping that Kino would succeed where others had failed and include Les trois désastres but it appears that won't be happening.

Ashirg

#2825 Post by Ashirg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Redemption is releasing Pete Walker Collection II on blu-ray on April 21 -

This Box Set Includes: Frightmare, The Flesh and Blood Show, House of Mortal Sin, Home Before Midnight, Man of Violence (Exclusive to Box), The Big Switch (Exclusive to Box)
Special Features: Interview with Pete Walker by Elijah Drenner

Both exclusives were released by BFI in BFI Flipside