Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
jwo17

Re: Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

#551 Post by jwo17 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:19 pm

jojo wrote:Passing on Ms. 45 was a bad fumble. Seems it's one of Drafthouse's best selling releases.
Assuming that's true, what are the other front runners in their catalog competing for the "best sellers" contention?

Movie-Brat

#552 Post by Movie-Brat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 pm

domino harvey wrote:Pretty glad I already sold Nomads for big bux last year. It's an amazingly bad film, but, I mean, it's in good company with most of this announcement.
Funny, I was sold on the film because someone I know whose word I tend to trust quite liked what he saw. What he wrote pretty much sold me on it.

http://thepoparena.com/2013/05/10/balde ... mads-1986/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#553 Post by domino harvey » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Here's wiser words from someone I trust even more, me

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#554 Post by swo17 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:03 pm

"Better than À l'intérieur!"
- domino harvey, criterionforum.org

Raymond Marble

#556 Post by Raymond Marble » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Hot shit, that's the news of the year! I get press releases from Shout!, but haven't gotten this one yet (seems odd--I heard about the Herzog set before I saw it reported anywhere else, for example). I wonder what the specs are--it says it's four discs. There are only three Decline films, and the credits listed on Amazon only reference people involved in the first two (though the third isn't about famous people as the first two are, so that's presumably why).

And it comes out the same day as Valerie and Her Week of Wonders! Oh boy oh boy oh boy, what a good day that will be.

ccfixx

#557 Post by ccfixx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:52 pm

mteller

#558 Post by mteller » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Hmm, I hope "And More" includes commentary by Spheeris. As I recall she did a pretty good one on Suburbia.

AfterTheRain

#559 Post by AfterTheRain » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:57 pm

On their Facebook page today, Scream Factory has announced they're contemplating limited-edition steelbook releases for some of their titles; nothing is set in stone yet, but you can go to their page and 'vote' whether you're for or against it. In the comments section of the post, like YES if you're for it, like NO if you're not.

AfterTheRain

#560 Post by AfterTheRain » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:46 pm

The Legend of the Lone Ranger (Blu-ray) is set for 7/14. The TV version of All Quiet on the Western Front is also due on 7/14, but on DVD only - the upside though is that it'll be the uncut version.

AfterTheRain

#561 Post by AfterTheRain » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Michael Winner's The Sentinel has been confirmed by Scream Factory for an August release; this could mean that they've renewed their deal with Universal.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#562 Post by domino harvey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:44 pm

AfterTheRain wrote: The TV version of All Quiet on the Western Front is also due on 7/14, but on DVD only - the upside though is that it'll be the uncut version.
Maybe not, Blu-ray listing now up

AfterTheRain

#563 Post by AfterTheRain » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:50 pm

The Legacy has been confirmed for release by Scream Factory in August; I think that a new deal with Universal is pretty much confirmed by this.

dwk

#564 Post by dwk » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Our “Summer of Fear Part 2” line-up continues to increase with our plans to release Wes Craven’s fascinating and weird (in the best way possible) cult favorite THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS in an all-new Collector’s Edition release!

Planned release is for August and pre-order links will go up next month. The newly designed artwork you see here is official. (Purists: Yes, the classic "skull house" original poster art will be on the flip side too.) No exact details to announce about if any upcoming extras but we already have two all-new ones banked and more planned.

dwk

#565 Post by dwk » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 pm

"**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS!**

Our "Summer of Fear Part 2" lineup continues to roll out with more retro Italian-made horror films both coming to blu-ray for the first time! 1990’s "mad science" film METAMORPHOSIS will be doubled-billed with the 1990 haunted house-themed BEYOND DARKNESS (and from the Director of Troll 2!) for a planned late August release. Pre-order links will go up next month."

Adam X

#566 Post by Adam X » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 am

jojo wrote:Passing on Ms. 45 was a bad fumble. Seems it's one of Drafthouse's best selling releases.
Listening to an 'interview' with Jeff Nelson & Cliff MacMillan on the Killer POV podcast recently, and Cliff stated that those in charge at Shout! Factory knocked back the title based on it's content.

dwk

#567 Post by dwk » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:13 pm

** MORE WES CRAVEN! NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Our “Summer of Fear Part 2” line-up increases further with news that we will be releasing Wes Craven’s terrifying 1988 voodoo chiller THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW in an all-new Collector’s Edition release!

Planned release is for August and pre-order links will go up next month (along with the debut of the newly-illustrated artwork). No details to announce yet about extras but we’ll keep you posted when they’re locked.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#568 Post by swo17 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:17 pm

dwk wrote:MORE WES CRAVEN!
I'm thinking this is the first time in recorded history that anyone has ever followed these three words with an exclamation point.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#569 Post by domino harvey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Given Warner Archives' bizarre Blu-ray decisions, I'm sure Deadly Friend is soon coming there too

AfterTheRain

#570 Post by AfterTheRain » Mon May 04, 2015 5:42 pm

The Serpent and the Rainbow has been delayed to the end of the year, if not the start of next year, due to an unforseen issue, according to their Facebook page. A surprise, but not a total deal breaker; it just means more time for them to (hopefully) get it right.

AfterTheRain

#571 Post by AfterTheRain » Mon May 04, 2015 9:08 pm

August release dates have been set for the following:

8/11 - The People Under the Stairs (Collector's Edition)
8/18 - The Sentinel
Nomads
8/25 - The Legacy
Metamorphosis/Beyond Darkness

CSM126

#572 Post by CSM126 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Watching Metamorphosis in anything other than crappy VHS-ripped PD Mill Creek style just seems so wrong somehow. And yet I'm probably buying that Blu Ray anyway.

Ashirg

#573 Post by Ashirg » Tue May 05, 2015 1:04 am

Shout Factory (not Scream Factory) release of the month on 8/25 - Easy Money (1983) / Men at Work (1990) [Double Feature]

dwk

#574 Post by dwk » Wed May 06, 2015 1:52 pm

specs for Scream's Dog Soldiers Blu-ray
***DOG SOLDIERS: FINAL LIST OF EXTRAS REVEALED!***

After a very long wait since we first announced this title back in 2013 (and we sincerely appreciate your patience) we can finally reveal exciting updates about our upcoming Collector's Edition of DOG SOLDIERS!

The news that will likely excite everyone the most is that it will sport an all-new 2K scan HD transfer supervised and approved by Director Neil Marshall!

We also have a slew of fantastic extras planned including:

• NEW Audio Commentary with Director Neil Marshall
• NEW The Making of DOG SOLDIERS featuring new interviews with director Neil Marshall, producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, actors Kevin McKidd, Sean Pertwee, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, special effects artist Bob Keen, special effects supervisor/creature designer Dave Bonneywell, production designer Simon Bowles and director of photography Sam McCurdy
• NEW A look at the model of the sets created by production designer Simon Bowles
• Theatrical Trailer
• Neil Marshall’s short film: Combat
• Two Still Galleries – photos from the film and rare photos from production designer Simon Bowles and special effects artist Dave Bonneywell’s archives

Pre-order now directly @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;…/dog-soldiers-collector-s-edi… and receive a free 18" x 24" poster of the new key art, illustrated by artist Nathan Thomas Milliner. (Only while supplies last). Plus, we'll ship it out two weeks early ahead of its national 6/23 street date!

Ashirg

#575 Post by Ashirg » Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 pm

More blu-rays are coming in August that are currently not listed at shout factory store -

August 4
Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (through IFC Films)

August 18
The Seventh Dwarf (animated German film)
Hackers (20th Anniversary Edition) (1995)
Ejecta (2014) (through IFC Films)