475 The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Discuss releases by Criterion and the films on them. Threads may contain spoilers!
zedz

Re: 475 The Friends of Eddie Coyle

#51 Post by zedz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:09 pm

cdnchris wrote:I think the reason for the foldouts is so they don't have to print multiple sized booklets/inserts (one for DVD, one for Blu-ray). With the foldouts they only have to print one size and just fold it appropriately to fit inside the case. Since they're only printing a Blu-ray in this case I don't think they'll go the fold out route here. They've at least done inserts for their Ali and F for Fake releases (though they replaced the nice booklets that were in the original DVDs).

And I should mention the sell sheets still indicate the essay and the Rolling Stone article are still included (so I would think they would have to do a booklet).
If I'm remembering correctly, that Rolling Stone article was pure gold, so it would be terrible to lose it.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#52 Post by cdnchris » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Indeed it is! I remember liking the commentary but the 44-page booklet was easily the best thing about the release (supplement wise at any rate) because of that article, which took up most of the pages.

med

#53 Post by med » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Paraphrasing here, but Peter Boyle's quip "You know the theme from 2001? That's the sound of Mitchum waking up in the morning" has stuck with me ever since reading it.

ordinaryperson

#54 Post by ordinaryperson » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Ribs

#55 Post by Ribs » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Blu-ray.com's take

It appears that it's another booklet, too, which is very encouraging.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#56 Post by cdnchris » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:05 am

Probably only because it's a thick one with a lot of content (the Rolling Stone article). Silence de la mer also has a booklet but that's because it's 36 pages and fairly packed. Every other release for April is a slim fold out, though at least not the big poster ones.

djproject

#57 Post by djproject » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Watching it now on Blu. I'm sure once I've settled my "where in the Boston area" curiosities, I will notice the rest of the film =D