DONATE AND HELP IN OUR SITE OVERHAUL/UPDATE

Discuss DVDs and Blu-rays released by Criterion and the films on them. If it's got a spine number, it's in here. Threads may contain spoilers.
cdnchris
Site Admin

Re: DONATE AND HELP IN OUR SITE OVERHAUL/UPDATE

#76 Post by cdnchris » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 am

I'm happy to report that we have actually passed our goal, which caught me by surprise! I just wanted to thank everyone for the response! It makes me happy to know people do get value out of this site and forum.

I still have some people to get in touch with so if you haven't heard from me yet, please feel free to send me a PM about any incentives.

The ads should be disabled for users who opted for that incentive, though I think the parts outside of the forum may be buggy and they might still show. I'm working on fixing that. If anyone expecting the ads to be disabled still see them please contact me and I'll take a look. I'll also adjust the time limits accordingly.

My goal is to launch the redesign in the New Year but I will give updates when I can. It's nice to know I'll be making actual progress on it now.

Again, I just want to thank everyone. It means a lot to me, especially since no one was obligated to donate.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#77 Post by cdnchris » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:55 am

I have just finished applying everybody's incentives (from ranks to name changes to ad removals, etc.) and I just want to put it out there again that if I haven't gotten back to you, or I haven't finished implementing an incentive to please send me a PM. I just want to make sure I got to everybody. Again, just want to say thanks to everyone. I was very surprised by the response and how quickly we got to our goal. I was really expecting to go into August and even then not make it.

As I mentioned before I will give updates as progress is made (hoping to make a landmark in September) and at some point will welcome members to maybe test things out.

Rayon Vert
Green is the Rayest Color

#78 Post by Rayon Vert » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 pm

I'll just say I like my custom rank. Thank you.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#79 Post by jindianajonz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Yep, I'm happy too. I'm just as indifferent about Abrams as I am Indiana Jones, so it seems strangely fitting.

Of course, if the mods ever want to have fun and periodically tweak it, I'm game.

ng4996
the Wizard of Ozu

#80 Post by ng4996 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:33 pm

I'll also chime in, couldn't be happier with my custom rank. Thanks to the admins, what a great incentive to help the site. Looking forward to seeing other fun ranks.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#81 Post by cdnchris » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Just updating (again) to apologize to those that snuck in donations that I missed. I sent out PMs. And again, if there are people still waiting to hear from me feel free to write me.

Also, a handful of users did opt to change their users names. It'll be short but I will compile a list.

Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

#82 Post by Never Cursed » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:12 pm

I know I'm very belated in changing my name, but now that I have, would the brain trust like to pick a rank? I used to be Mungo.

swo17

#83 Post by swo17 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Mungone

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#84 Post by domino harvey » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:12 am

Team Le Redoutable

movielocke

#85 Post by movielocke » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 am

Crap I forgot to donate, are you still accepting donations?

cdnchris
Site Admin

#86 Post by cdnchris » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 am

If you want to the link should still work