It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:39 am 

If you're going to adjust for inflation, why not also for the cost of materials, market conditions, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:57 am 

Morbii wrote:
McCrutchy wrote:
Back up now for the same price.

Like I said, I fully expect this to be one of Criterion's top sellers for 2018, but even I couldn't have guessed there would be websites outbidding one another for pre-orders at 54% off.

Which is still more expensive than a Criterion flash sale (counting points) or a B&N sale (with membership that is used enough that it negates the price).

?

$18.31 is less than $19.99, and even if you have Criterion.com gift certificates, you still pay $19.99 out of the certificate. Even the in-store Barnes and Noble member discount only gets you to $17.99, which is $0.32 cheaper, but is likely negated by making the trip to the store.

In any event, this could all be academic, as the Amazon listing is again inactive.

swo17 wrote:
If you're going to adjust for inflation, why not also for the cost of materials, market conditions, etc.?

If you know that stuff, you're welcome to analyze further. I just did some quick research and used an online inflation calculator. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:02 am 

Was very entertaining, McCrutchy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:26 am 

McCrutchy wrote:

$18.31 is less than $19.99, and even if you have Criterion.com gift certificates, you still pay $19.99 out of the certificate. Even the in-store Barnes and Noble member discount only gets you to $17.99, which is $0.32 cheaper, but is likely negated by making the trip to the store.

The Criterion points are effectively a 10% discount, as long as you aren’t a 1-off customer.

Due to no tax, the criterion sale is the cheapest for me, aside from occasional insane deals like Amazon did for Othello.